Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

ABS Bleeding with vag Com

Hi all

First of all, its for my MK4, but I would have thought the Rado is the same??? If so then it'll be handy for everyone ;)

I refurbed my rear calipers, and the shi*ty hose clamps didnt work properly, and therefore I lost all of my fluid!!!

I have since topped it up, and bled it with an ezibleed kit. However the brakes were "extremely" spongey afterwards. I then found out that you need to bleed the ABS with vag-com, so I did. They have improved but they are still really soft.

Do I need to do anything else? And what is the correct process for the whole job, in lehmanns terms?

Really need to get this sorted asap.

Thanks

Stan

Bleed the ABS unit through the nipples on the top, and the master cylinder. If it's still spongy, might be worth letting it settle for a day or so, or using it carefully before rebleeding it.

Would be interested to hear how the bleeding process with VAG COM works, I've never tried. :)

Just got some info from PSI Tuning that if I bleed the master cylinder then it should sort it.

You cant actually bleed the ABS unit unless you have vag com as it cycles the intrnals to push the fluid through. Its quite impressive listening to it all and feeling the pedal, but its not the nicest noise in the world. Its very mechanical, and you think somethings gonna break the first time you here it :shock: :lol: