Sign in to follow this  
sparks

gumbling supercharger

hi Guys

ive always looked after my charger ie warm up and cool down but just recently its started making a gumble /rumble noise on wind down its been staged 4 and got a 68 mm pully on it ,it was refurb by g-werks so i know its a good rebuild and its only done about 13k on the rebuild i drive hard sometimes but never thrash it to death ever ill do the odd see you from the lights trick but never no full on street or track race with it

this is whats happens start it up no probs tick over no prob blip the acclerator no probs it makes boost, run it at 2000rpm and higher no probs but when i let go of the pedal as the engine comes back down from say 2000 rpm at the last 500 rpm just before it gets to 750-650 rpm tick over it rumbles like its rubbing and gumbles like a bearing is slack

any ideas ??

cheers stu

could be your water pump mine sounded like that for a little while then it turned into a all the time sound :eek: I started thinking it was the dreaded crank bolt, but I already sorted that out! most of the noise was coming from a knackered bearing in the water pump, but also from the cam belt tensioner pulley, aux belt tensioner and guide pulley were also a little noisey. Although mine didn't dip up and down rpm the lowest it goes on dropping the clutch even in traffic is 800rpm and generally sits smoothly, it was just a chugger chugger chugger sound.