Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Should a 'G' start with bts disconnected?

As title really...

I discovered that mine won't start with the blue temp sender disconnected, should it do?

Does yours?

Not sure if its something that should be tried, but i found out a while ago now while looking into my 3 year running problem.

Cheers,Neil. :)

engine temp pretty critical really although I would have thought it would just ran the engine rich so that it could be started and driven home safely.

I can't give u my verdict as no longer digi.

Soz.

Cheers guys. :)

If any more could add to this it would be cool...

Neil.

just been looking through things about setting the timing

ive just read some where that it shouldn't be started with it disconected

dosent say why

Neil.

I dunno about the temp sender on mine, never tried it, and rather not justin case :lol: may sound a bit odd, but have you checked the vacum pipe from your ecu to the throttle body is exactly 1 metre long?

I take it the corrado ones are the same as a Rallye? only reason i ask is when i had my Rallye, one day inexplicably it stalled, right in the middle of a junction :eek:

It tried to restart but flaffed and farted about, got it to the side of the road and tried all sorts, wouldnt have it at all, it had never gone wrong ever in 5 years and this really baffled me, got it towed by a range rover sport 8) and left it in my garage while i attempted to work out the cheapest and easiest way to find the problem myself :grin:

anyway long story short and about a week later after it being sat in my garage in disgrace i eventually checked under the throttle body :p , and yep! the vaccum pipe from the ecu was cracked and leaking as it had gone brittle :clap: so 10 minutes later it was wearing a brand new piece of vaccum hose exactly 1 metre long and it started on the button and ran better than ever :clap:

vaccum hoses go very brittle over time on these cars i have noticed so its worth checking them if you have not already

Neil.

I dunno about the temp sender on mine, never tried it, and rather not justin case :lol: may sound a bit odd, but have you checked the vacum pipe from your ecu to the throttle body is exactly 1 metre long?

I take it the corrado ones are the same as a Rallye? only reason i ask is when i had my Rallye, one day inexplicably it stalled, right in the middle of a junction :eek:

It tried to restart but flaffed and farted about, got it to the side of the road and tried all sorts, wouldnt have it at all, it had never gone wrong ever in 5 years and this really baffled me, got it towed by a range rover sport 8) and left it in my garage while i attempted to work out the cheapest and easiest way to find the problem myself :grin:

anyway long story short and about a week later after it being sat in my garage in disgrace i eventually checked under the throttle body :p , and yep! the vaccum pipe from the ecu was cracked and leaking as it had gone brittle :clap: so 10 minutes later it was wearing a brand new piece of vaccum hose exactly 1 metre long and it started on the button and ran better than ever :clap:

vaccum hoses go very brittle over time on these cars i have noticed so its worth checking them if you have not already

i'll save Neil the bother.

He's changed nearly everything on the car,some things twice.

:D

surely the ecu will just make up a value if the bts is unplugged? ive driven round with near on all the stuff unplugged like co pot, lambda etc :cuckoo:

i'll save Neil the bother.

He's changed nearly everything on the car,some things twice.

:D

:lol: