Sign in to follow this  
dukest

one day i MUST have a V8..

i know this is a merc but its the engine not the car, whether its RS4's, AMV8s etc, etc - the sound of a V8 just blows everything else away.. forget whiny V12s, tinny straight 6s and sadly even the VR in comparison - just imagine owning a road car that sounded like this every day you drove it :luvlove: :

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=18022

i got a V8 in the land rover, but never really played with it much, bit different to a road car though, still nice and noisy though

Yep, the V8 is my favourite engine. Especially top fuel drag V8s with no exhausts!

You can buy "crated engines" from the states surprisingly cheap.

Last time I looked, you could import a "turn key" (ECU, loom, injectors etc, ready to run) Chevy LS2 for about £5K. Or the bigger 7 litre 500 horse lump for a couple of K more, brand new from Chevrolet.

Pick up a decent second hand AC Cobra replica to drop it into and you'll have one heck of a good crack every summer :lol: Or even a TVR Chimera. The flatplane AJP V8 in that is notorious for blowing up, so quite a few TVR fans are opting for the crated engine.com alternative.

i got a V8 in the land rover, but never really played with it much, bit different to a road car though, still nice and noisy though

see, a V8 makes even an ambulance sound good!! :grin:

Pick up a decent second hand AC Cobra replica to drop it into and you'll have one heck of a good crack every summer
maybe if i end up living in australia and an a dark corrado with no a/c and black leather seats doesn't quite work in 35 degrees then that may well be an option! the aussies love their v8s as well after all! 8)

Yes it does sound nice

but

the intake/exhaust system difference design makes a HUGE difference to how an engine sounds. Just think of a VR with a stock airbox and stock exhaust and then one with a BMC up front, a 6-branch manifold and a s/s system.

It's like comparing babysitters to banshees!

Obviously for a performance engine, you will hear it coming a long way off anyways :cheers: