Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Congratulations on getting the car moving :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't wait for theat day to arrive with my project, you must be itching to take it for a proper drive. Well done for sticking it out. :D

The the Master Technician at your work with the Corrado post on here? Might be a handy bloke to have on here!!

Pretty sure the scirocco r is sold out for this year. The golf r is. They're only building 500 of the two cars. And that's not each. There are only 500 factory allocations for both cars together for the uk for the year. One of my customers who has a golf r on order is starting to get impatient already! :lol: But he's gonna have to wait another month or so if his scheduled build week is anything to go by. I know there are some cars in the country already but I think they're just the press cars etc. I saw the left hand drive scirocco r used in Top Gear magazine when I was on a course in Milton Keynes:

2upproj.jpg

We should see the first scirocco r we have on order by the end of April. :D 

:( Didnt realise that. Thanks. Guess 2nd hand there going to keep there price then and there wont be much out there for a good few years.

Congratulations on getting the car moving :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't wait for theat day to arrive with my project, you must be itching to take it for a proper drive. Well done for sticking it out. :D

The the Master Technician at your work with the Corrado post on here? Might be a handy bloke to have on here!!

Internet forums really aren't his thing! :lol: He doesn't really get them.... But he's a top bloke and if you ever have a question you want me to put to him drop me a line. What he doesn't know about Volkswagens isn't worth knowing.

Even the normal scirocco is holding it's value incredibly well. Towards the end of last year we were selling demos for what it would cost to order a new one!

It occurred to me the other day that I've actually seen very very few new Sciroccos since the initial fuss around the launch. Not sure what the sales targets were but if the numbers are as low as the roads indicate then I guess they are going to hold their value well.

They are only building limited numbers. Haven't actually checked our allocations recently but not so long ago we were limited to ordering one new scirocco a month. :shock:

It occurred to me the other day that I've actually seen very very few new Sciroccos since the initial fuss around the launch. Not sure what the sales targets were but if the numbers are as low as the roads indicate then I guess they are going to hold their value well.

I've soon loads and my friend who works for vw says that the sales people are on rations in terms of being supplied new ones as demand is high.

I've soon loads and my friend who works for vw says that the sales people are on rations in terms of being supplied new ones as demand is high.

Yeah, as I said for the last quarter of last year we only got one factory slot a month. Think there are a few more about now. But not many more. It was never going to be a car VW wanted to flood the market with. As I say to my customers, the exclusivity is part of the appeal. :grin: :lol: Not that it takes much effort to sell a Scirocco....

Yeah, as I said for the last quarter of last year we only got one factory slot a month. Think there are a few more about now. But not many more. It was never going to be a car VW wanted to flood the market with. As I say to my customers, the exclusivity is part of the appeal. :grin: :lol: Not that it takes much effort to sell a Scirocco....

It's funny, with the Corrado they made plenty, but couldn't sell them cos of the price, and the Scirocco they could sell loads as they are an excellent car at the right price, but don't want to. Makes no sense does it.

So, when are you gonna come and see me in it then?

Well, I need to sort out some insurance, an MOT, and some tax. Hopefully she'll be back properly in a couple of weeks. I'll give you a shout and pop round. We'll have to get some of the guys together and go out for a drink. :D

Well, I need to sort out some insurance, an MOT, and some tax. Hopefully she'll be back properly in a couple of weeks. I'll give you a shout and pop round. We'll have to get some of the guys together and go out for a drink. :D

i might need a comparison ride out in it! :D

i might need a comparison ride out in it! :D

No worries mate, any time. :D

i dunno, theres quite a few in Leeds, especially white ones. I dont normally go for white cars but they look great in white!

Seen a few grey ones and they look cool too!

Well, she's very nearly there. I'm off Tuesday so have the whole day to fit the bumper, headlights and a new brake bias valve. :D What am I going to do with myself now???

Well, she's very nearly there. I'm off Tuesday so have the whole day to fit the bumper, headlights and a new brake bias valve. :D What am I going to do with myself now???

Drive it?

:lol: of course I'm going to drive it. But what am I going to do when I'm not driving it? I need another project. Thinking about buying modded cars and making them standard again. :grin: :lol:

You can help do mine mate it was modded To high heaven and now it's a shell so it may keep you busy for a small wee while let me know when your free. Cheers

Thinking about buying modded cars and making them standard again. :grin: :lol:

I'd be behind that! :)

Nicely done mate - of course we wanna see pics when it's all back together again :)

You can help do mine mate it was modded To high heaven and now it's a shell so it may keep you busy for a small wee while let me know when your free. Cheers

Awesome, I'll give you a shout. :D

I'm thinking of starting my own magazine like PVW but every article is gonna start with their idea of a feature car that will slowly be returned to factory spec. :lol:

Cheers guys, it's really great to see it back in one piece again. It's runnng mega rich though and pretty lumpy when you drive it so I've still got work to do!