Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

Reiger Grille

dubbprince, I used a strip of velcro with contact adhesive on each side to secure to the headlights in the end. I didn't fancy drilling the lights.

The velcro I found (from a fabric shop) was exactly the width of the top of the lights (have a look, you'll see what I mean) so just used contact adhesive to stick the velcro to the lights, then the eyebrow to the velcro.

Using velcro means I can remove the grill, instead of using just glue (which was suggested before), as then your stuck (literally) if you need to remove the grill for repairs etc.

sadly my light surrounds were already drilled from the last kamei item i had...

The reiger grill i got from tuning.co.uk and they had some in stock took 2days to deliver and i paid £82 inc delivery and vat.

']['H3R4POR- i will be using velcro too..i know exactly what you mean so i'll do that too.

BUT i need to know where the metal brackets are used and what i do with the rivets??

Has anyone actually used babelfish to translate the instructions yet? :roll:

Thanks!

Sanjay.

thats the grill i have and i think it totally makes the front of the car. mine took a litle bit of cutting on the grill which was annoying.

I fitted it by drilling four holes through the grill and headlight cover(two holes per light) then just got red cable ties and cable tied it through the drilled holes.On the second slat down i made another two holes (unseen) and cable tied it to the two vertical bits of metal next to either horn.First one of these i didnt drill the last two holes and the thing came flying off on the motorway! I also drilled two wee holes on the top too lugs and put two of the small self tappers through it to prevent it from popping out at the top.The small self tappers were the only parts of the supplied kit that i used.

Cheers Fraser

Fraser thats a great idea!! i'll cable tie it on the 2nd slatted struts to hold it more firmer....then velcro it on lights and i have already got 5screws on top in place which has worked so far.

Really wished i didnt have the holes in my headlight surround but i guess it'll be covered.

Cheers for the feedback guys.

Sanjay.

Well my rieger grille arrived in the post today :)

Word of advice to anyone who's interested in the little black capsule that comes in a red tube... DON'T SQUEEZE IT!! LOL! :lol: :lol:

not a great idea as my flatmate found out :-P

Mmmm.. Rieger Grille..

Looks nice - I wanna get one myself as soon as I have some spare cash :)

For ppl fitting one of these-i cant stress how important it is that the top slat and the bottom two are held firmly!The weak point is where the top slat joins up with the middle one on each side.Looks class once fitted though.

Cheers Fraser

['H3R4POR]Halford say they can do it, well they said-

It sounds like you have the right amount of numbers and letters there

(LC5U)

And it'll cost £9.99 for a spray can, and £4.99 for a second one, as they would have to mix up slightly more. so i'll go for that.

I sprayed my PS2 the same colour as my car 8) , and that came out ok, and i've done it before with a spoiler for my old car, so I think I can manage it, its just a case of taking your time, and sanding between coats :)

Just wondering if your car was an early or late corrado? or more to the point would this grill n eyebrow fit my 1991 16v?

Yeah the grill will fit your car-they come with lugs that u snap off to suit you car.

Cheers Fraser