Sign in to follow this  
zak

schimmel performance vr6 ignition leads now with pics on pg2

i know this is another topic to add to the many other topics on here about vr6 iginition leads but theres not much on here about the schimmel leads so i thought i'd start a thread :lol:

After the 2nd hand red leads i bought recently let me down big style yesterday i want to purchase a new set of leads. I was all ready to go with the oe red vw leads untill i noticed the schimmel performance leads that you can buy for the vr6. The schimmel leads are about £20 cheaper than the vw leads and can be sourced easily through strictly dubs here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schimmel-Performance-VR6-8mm-Ingition-Leads_W0QQitemZ130205065711QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Are the schimmel leads a good alternative to vw in terms of quality? Or am i worth spending the extra and go with vw? i just want a good set of leads on my car that i can fit and not worry that they will deteriorate quickly. Other criteria is that they mustbe red, work with the oe lead removal tool and not be larger than 8mm so i can secure them in to the plastic engine cover guides.

i dont care what anyone says but you will get zero performance gains with any sort of "uprated leads set" but the SP ones do have a nice handle built onto them as most of there cars are turbos and have the Short runner and no lead holders... :tongue:

i'm not expecting any extra power, just want a nice set of well built red leads that won't start arching against the head randomly after a few months. If the quality is up there with the original vw leads then im happy to go for them.

i have a set of the 10mm dubpower leads for sale mate, as you can see from these pics they are virtually brand new. in all honesty they did approx 800miles on the car.

£50 and there yours.

karl

ive already seen them for sale thanks,

i want to go for the schimmel leads just need someone running them to confirm the quality...

ive already seen them for sale thanks,

i want to go for the schimmel leads just need someone running them to confirm the quality...

Email stormcharged(Shaun) as he has them as does Kev i think?

cheers for the info, i'll wait for them to reply to this thread first otherwise i'll drop them a pm

Quality wise, they're up there with the best in the aftermarket.

Been using mine for over 18 months, daily, and they've been perfect.

just what i wanted to hear.

strictly dubs only have the black schimmel leads in stock so i think i will try to order them from schimmel directly as the underside of my bonnet resembles a firework display so i need them soon. I tried calling them an hour ago but there was no answer so i sent them an email. Hopefully they have no issues with international orders.

Schimmel don't answer the phone unless by appointment. They're too busy. Says so on their site :wink:

They have no problem with international orders, they sent us 33 sets of cams for a Group Buy!

I'm fairly sure he does red ones.

i read their site about appointments only but thought it was worth a try calling them as you never know, im hoping they reply to my email when they come in to work today as i need a set of leads asap, might have to go with the black ones strictly have in stock as the cars pretty undriveable at the moment

Well im putting the order through Schimmel directly as they can ship using usps priority which should only take up to 5 days. I can wait for a decent set of leads as i tried a spare set of leads a mate had and although they were arching less, the car still had a misfire. Hopefully the new leads should fix this problem, Only thing I

Schimmel have been busy the past week getting ready for the show and race season.

They're only a 2 or 3 man band unfortunately, but they always respond to emails.

United States Postal Service packages arrive at Pacel Force at our end. They hold it, send you a letter with the duty charges, then release it when you've paid. They also slap on their own £35 "handling fee" on top. Be warned.

FedEx economy is probably the better option, but Darlene ([email protected]) is very good with shipping prices and can advise you the costs etc.

I have a couple of beaten up sets of Schimmel leads used during my testing, which you're welcome to if you get stuck. They don't arc.

I checked the prices for sending out with Fedex economy and it was working out $150, so I’ve stuck with usps as it still works out cheaper even if I get stung by the £35 charge. A few years ago I sourced a few old skool rockford amps from US ebay and I got the sellers to send out via usps, on this side they were delivered with dhl, maybe things have changed...

I have to say I’m impressed with the customer service and professionalism i have experienced using schimmel , its a refreshing change.

Thanks for the offer but they have managed to despatch the leads to me today so i should have them next week if all goes to plan

The leads arrived in the uk on Sunday but have been with customs ever since. Hopefully i'm contacted soon as i could do with my car back on the road. Can't chase anyone as i dont know for sure who is handling the parcel on this side so its a bit of a waiting game :brickwall:

did they ship with usps? if so its most likley they will get handed on to parcel force and the US number can be entered on parcel forces site and you can trace the parcel.

you know what you're right, just tracked it with parcel force and its status is "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES"

I'll chase them up in the morning and see if i can try to get it delivered asap

i managed to get through to HMRC at the parcel force international hub in coventry (tel 02476212860 if anyone needs it for future ref) and they kindly advised me that i have to pay £12.14 in vat and i have to pay parcelforces admin charge of £13.50. Vat i was expecting but i do not agree with parcelforces admin charge but theres nothing i can do so will have to pay to get the parcel delivered. Hopefully should be able to get hold of the leads for the weekend.

i managed to get through to HMRC at the parcel force international hub in coventry (tel 02476212860 if anyone needs it for future ref) and they kindly advised me that i have to pay £12.14 in vat and i have to pay parcelforces admin charge of £13.50. Vat i was expecting but i do not agree with parcelforces admin charge but theres nothing i can do so will have to pay to get the parcel delivered. Hopefully should be able to get hold of the leads for the weekend.

I have been through this before,hate parcel force,they "pay it for you" and charge you a fee!! next time use UPS and it will come to your door plus you porbably will get away with customs charge. :D

i think the amount of times ive got away with it i was due to pay some customs charges sooner or later, now i just want my leads, they're still sitting in the coventry international hub :brickwall:

I warned you about that on the 1st page! OK I got the admin fee wrong (must be charged against weight / size) but you have to wait for the letter from Parcel force, or you can go to your nearest depot, pay the charges and pick it up.

Kev, indeed you did, but it was still cheaper to use usps than the next option up. I chased up parcelforce and paid the charges and rescheduled the delivery for tommorow. Still not bad considering i put the order in last Thursday,

Leads are here, the depot was local so decided to collect them as i was getting impatient. I'm really happy with them! the quality is excellent as you can see in the pics below. Fitted them and they don't arc but the misfire is still there and the car is still smoking. I'll start a new thread as im a little confused now.

IMG_6630.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg

IMG_6634.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg