Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Calling planet Zog -is there room for Gordon Brown

He certainly isn't on this planet - the bloke is so detached from the real world its actually becoming quite scary

"Gordon Brown thinks that record fuel costs and driving taxes will benefit motorists in the long run, it has been reported. The Prime Minister also wants to get all petrol-driven cars off Britain

yeah, and don't forget his recent top tips on how to stock your fridge, what next Gordon?, wear our pants for a week and use both sides of the bog roll?

He now actually makes me angry when I just see his face on TV :censored:

We're rapidly heading for a nasty recession and the twonk is still in denial, sad thing is, a couple of years from now when (if) he finally realises what a mess his actions over the last 12 years have done to the country we will all be much worse off, facing years of recovery and he'll just be facing a fat pension.

yeah, and don't forget his recent top tips on how to stock your fridge, what next Gordon?, wear our pants for a week and use both sides of the bog roll?

He now actually makes me angry when I just see his face on TV :censored:

Im with you on that one bro, makes me angry that he's taking so much from us and when we're not earning anything extra to support the inflating costs either.

I cant see how he things higher fuel taxes and road taxes will help stop people from driving hybrid or electric cars. Lets face it, as soon as petrol driven cars are off the road he'll only tax motorists using hybrid or electric with a similar amount anyway

I loath the bloke, I think he looks more like a dodgy 2nd hand car saleman than the PM.

As for planet Zog, I'd happily ram him with rockets and light the fuse :nuts:

Have to agree with the sentiments expressed here.

He seems to suffer from a serious lack of judgement on these things and looks increasingly out of touch/uncaring which I'm sure is harsh but in politics perception is often the difference between success and failure.

Why the hell can't he announce he is suspending the planned fuel duty increase now and appear decisive instead of waiting until October when it will look like he's been forced into it. Somehow he's got to win hearts and minds if he's going to stand any chance of getting re-elected.

GB doesn't even drive a car does he? If he did he might have a better understanding of how emotive a topic this is for most ordinary citizens.

Of course the real problem is that these tax increases are essential to balancing the books and paying for the increase in public spending and slow down in the economy. He won't say that though. Between a rock and a hard place he is because if he can't raise money here he'll have to look elsewhere or cut public spending both of which are equally unpalatable to most.

"Gordon Brown thinks that record fuel costs and driving taxes will benefit motorists in the long run, it has been reported."

Gordon Brown thinks what his Spin Doctors tell him to think.

The Prime Minister also wants to get all petrol-driven cars off Britain

Quite simply Gordon Brown OR CLOWN as he is known to those that dislike his feeble and quite frankly perverted and ridiculous views is a 100% COCK

He wont be prime minister for long and in my opinion should never have been in the fisrt place, he is a weak and pathetic example of a politician and is merely "taking his turn" we need a general election to get rid of him and all his 1/2 witt cronies whose sole aim to is screw every penny out of working class people whos only real pleasure in life seems to be the target of all their rage and stupid ideas! Quite frankly at the moment like many others i have not got a pot to piss in thanks to his taxes and the extortiante taxes and duty i have to pay on everything, i work my testicles off 40 hours per week and sometimes as much as 80 and for what? to line the pockets of a greedy regime thats no better than mugabes!

Labours sole aim = TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX oh and theres TAX on that too :censored:

If he wants to govern somewhere? why not try Scotland where he is from, then i doubt many Scotts would like his stupid ideas either!

Prehaps if we had a cull of all the scrounging bastards or stop giving them hand outs this country might improve! im sick of getting shafted by this poxy country

proud to be British? im ashamed to British sometimes with the shitty leadership of it :censored:

I have two ways of looking at this. As the car enthusiast I resent getting nailed so badly by the government and the oil industry - they're raking it in, whilst trying to make it look as though they're taking the moral high ground - bull$hit - it's just an easy way to take more money from the public.

But.

The more I look into it, the more I (dare I say it) agree with his approach. As the years have rolled on people have got more and more powerful cars, and despite road tax and fuel duty proceeding to go through the roof, it hasn't prevented even comparatively middle income families from buying ridiculous cars. As I drive around on the roads I see more and more big engined BMW's, Audi's, etc etc - so clearly offering alternative technologies and 'politely' asking people to think a little more economically isn't working. What the hell kind of situation did we ever find ourselves in that cars like the Audi RS6 with a V10 engine with a brace of turbo's was ever deemed acceptable on the road? Don't get me wrong I would KILL to own a car like that, but who on earth could ever justify a reason to own a car like that?!

As the old saying goes money talks and bull$hit walks - if taxation is the only way to make us change our ways, then so be it. It is already having an effect in our driving style and the distances being travelled and folks are starting to seriously take notice of alternative fuel cars.

Now its down to manufacturers to make alternative fuel cars WORK and make them affordable - and for the government to be FAIR with it and not tax THAT to death.

That said I do appreciate that alternative fuels and alternative means of transport can only work for certain people - i'm one of the lucky few in that I live 8 miles from work and I rarely ever need to travel out of the city so if they could develop an electric POD or something equally far fetched that did 50 miles on a charge and could propel one or two occupants around in comfort, i'd be sorted for 95% of my driving.

I guess ultimately what I think is I am aggrieved that we're all getting reamed by the government - but perhaps it is the only way to make us sit up and take notice, and start changing our ways. Petrol isn't going to be there forever.

So how is this tax hike going to affect us VR6 owners?

It wont! (I don't think) The new scale is for post 2001 vehicles, so I say HAPPY DAYS! Pays not to buy a new car, that's what I reckon. Besides, how many people could afford to buy a new electric/hybrid car? Not many I'd say....

The simple fact is, the more a car pollutes, the more petrol it uses, hence more tax is being paid already by the higher polluting cars. They should get rid of road tax all together and the beurocracy that goes with it. Even if they added something like another 5p per litre to petrol for this everyone would probably be better off.

And whats with low emmision cars not having to pay tax at all??? They still pollute, just at lower levels, besides, its road tax for the maintenance of the roads that they use the exact same as any other car.

Also, electric cars, they dont pollute directly but where is the electricity to charge them going to come from? More power stations that pollute!!! I know Gordon Brown would like us all to think it will come from green energy and windfarms but thats not gonna happen. They will realise soon enough that they will need to start embracing nuclear power as the french have done.

All this talk of alternative fuels is pure bullshit, example...

20 years from now everyones been forced into "mad max" barter town style :wave: to own a hydrogen powered car, nobody needs petrol or diesel anymore......so all that revenue that was made from those has gone, where does the new way of coining it in come from? yep a tax on water and electricity that makes the hydrogen :clap:

quite simply this country has gone back 20 years in the last 5, the rich get richer and fatter and mere working class minions get shafted left right and centre just to line the pockets of these so called "decision makers" to fund wars and support the Americans as they are in bed with them and their ways, i dont disagree with the wars or trying to exterminate every filthy sheep shagging terrorist from the face of the earth, i would gladly donate every penny of my tax knowing it paid for bullets to kill brainwashed morons who spread hatred and death because "normal" people dont care or believe in their way, but i dont expect my own government to rape me with taxation and ruin any chance of living a decent peacefull life in the process

I dont see why you should be punished for owning a more powerful car, as said above they already get taxed more for the pleasure. Personally i dont think this taxing is going to persuade people change their minds.

I don't know about planet Zog, but I reckon you could point 57 Hubble telescopes into the sky and not see the planet that useless tosser lives on.

You guys worried about car tax? That's not even in the top 10 big problems our country is facing after eleven years of this lot in power. General taxation is at an all time high, the government has no reserves of any kind, is forced to issue loan bonds against future tax income in order to get by and our gold reserves were sold years ago for a fraction of thier actual value.

Entire books have been written about Labour's financial incompetance. Government spending is at a record high, taxes are at an all time high, borrowing (PSBR) is at an all time high, our reserves have been sold off & squandered, and even now Labour keeps making new spending commitments as if nothing was wrong. As the credit crunch bites and we are all forced to tighten our belts and economise just to get by, New Labour continues spending more and more and more and more without even considering the impact it has on taxpayers, and seemingly oblivious to the wordwide circumstances, the credit crunch, or even the results of opinion polls which currently rank Gordon Brown the least popular Prime Minister since polling began.

The country is about to go into recession, make no mistake. The current level of public debt run up by Gordon Brown is currently running at something like £48,000 for every single working person in the UK. That's if your job hasn't been offshored or given to one of the the 1.5 million Poles now resident in the UK

You think petrol taxes are high? New Labour has wrecked our country's finances almost beyond the point of repair. We are all going to be paying for this awful mess for a very long time indeed. In fact there is a real chance our children will have to pay some of it off - it really is that bad.

[/RANTOVER]

John

If he wants to govern somewhere? why not try Scotland where he is from, then i doubt many Scotts would like his stupid ideas either!

funnily enough us "Scotts" are subject to these same ideas even tho we have our own Scottish Parliament.............also I didn't realise you needed to be English to be the BRITISH prime minister

funnily enough us "Scotts" are subject to these same ideas even tho we have our own Scottish Parliament.............also I didn't realise you needed to be English to be the BRITISH prime minister

You're absolutely right Roddy, but I can't help but think that even the Scots would baulk at the idea of Gordon Brown running things in Edinburgh. :D

So how is this tax hike going to affect us VR6 owners?

VR6 tax is £185 for 12 months, or £101.75 for 6 months.

For comparison, my girlfriend's 06 plate Polo costs £250 a year to tax.

Won't be long before Brown comes up with a scheme to clobber pre 2001 cars aswell.

New Labour has wrecked our country's finances almost beyond the point of repair.

Yep, we've been here before with Old Labour. Reinstate Maggie, all is forgiven :lol:

Although many britains are feeling aggrieved and really fed up with it all, they only have themselves to blame for voting New Labour into power.....twice.

Won't be long before Brown comes up with a scheme to clobber pre 2001 cars aswell.

Yeah - I don't see how we're going to be able to slip under the radar for much longer without some punishment :|

Nice points there, people, but do you really tjink the Tories would have done it any better?

Nope, my argument is "Get rid of these robbing bast*rd politicians altogether!" No one can manage me better than me myself and I!". Leave me alone (with taxes) and I'll leave everyone else alone, simple.

Tempest

Yeah - I don't see how we're going to be able to slip under the radar for much longer without some punishment :|

Well ever the optimist I reckon we'll be ok. Of the 20 million odd cars on the roads we pre 2001 reprobates are going to be an increasingly small percentage (less than 5%??) so won't be worth much to the chancellor and on top of that there will be arguements along the lines that pre 2001 car owners are much more likely to be impoverished (how very true for Corrado owners) :?

Nope, my argument is "Get rid of these robbing bast*rd politicians altogether!" No one can manage me better than me myself and I!". Leave me alone (with taxes) and I'll leave everyone else alone, simple.

Hehe.. if you had your way mate, Ford Focus's would be banned from the roads - and there would be dedicated hour or two long slots where only 'Karmanns Finest' were allowed on the roads!! ;)

Nice points there, people, but do you really tjink the Tories would have done it any better?

Nope, my argument is "Get rid of these robbing bast*rd politicians altogether!" No one can manage me better than me myself and I!". Leave me alone (with taxes) and I'll leave everyone else alone, simple. Tempest

I have to say I empathise with you a bit there. Choosing a political party is inevitably a process of selecting the 'least bad' (sic) from a set of bad alternatives. That said I think in 20 years time history may well judge the Blair/Brown years as being far less successful for the country that they (and many in the media) consider them to have been.

Setting the other pet hates I have for them (erosion of civil liberties, over-acquiescence to both the USA & EU, Iraq war, dodgy party funding, lying in parliament, politicisation of the civil service & legal system, Lisbon Treaty referendum) and concentrating purely on the economics this lot have been an unmitigated disaster. Since 1997 Government spending has pretty much doubled (in real terms it's something like a 40% increase) and yet most of it has been squandered. Let's give you a couple of examples, so you can see what I mean.

a) During 2001-2003 the MoD spent £3.5 billion refurbishing thier head offices in London, a building occupied by just 3500 people. In comparison the company I work for spent under £300 million building it's entire complex of offices in Bournemouth, which house over 5,000 staff. Less than a year after the MoD refurb was completed, 2,000 staff were relocated to regional offices outside London, leaving only 1,500 there. So at a time when our troops were crying out for proper armour, boots and even ammunition in Iraq for lack of funds the MoD spent £3,500,000,000 of your tax money improving offices for less than 1,500 top brass staff.

b) How about the Olympics? Originally the bid was £3bn, then 6 months after it was secured it turned out they'd missed a lot of stuff off the calculation and it went to £4.7bn, then £7bn and by the start of this year it's was £12bn. Guess what - there's 4 years left for that to increase still further and it almost certainly will. Even at £12bn you have to question what we're getting for the money - even the late/overcost Wembly stadium was 'only' £650m. I have to say that £12bn sounds like a lot of money to me for a 3 week sports event.

c) Transport for London. Although most people associate them with Ken Livingstone they are in fact a Quango funded by the Government. Did you know there are something like 14 'directors' working at TfL earning salaries above £150,000? What's that all about? What are any of them actually doing? They earn more than the Prime Minister! Similar largesse can be found all across the landscape of Quangos created in the last 11 years, who currently absorb approx £130bn of Governement money each year. When Blair came to power in 1997 he promised to end the Quango-culture. In fact under Labour there are now three times as many Quangos, spending 5x as much money, as was the case in 1997.

The list of Labour Government initiatives leading to cost over-runs in the order of 3x, 5, or even 10x thier original budgets is almost endless. The NHS computer systems, the MOD computer systems, the Millenium Dome, Wembley, the Eurostar rail link, the Scottish & Welsh Parliament buildings, Eurofighter (£22bn). Hell did you know that on his visit to India at the start of the year, Gordon Brown donated India £850m of your money as aid? India is now the 11th richest country in the bloody world and we're giving them aid money!

I'm not saying the tories would be better across the board. In many ways (unemployment) they would be worse, but the legacy of financial mismanagement alnoe should not only be enough to see this lot removed from office, but in my view disqualified from office as MPs. They are a bloody disgrace, but as Kev says - somehow they got voted in. :mad2: It's all your fault - you barstewards who voted for them

I was trying my hardest not to get provoked into a major rant, looks like it's been done for me :lol:

while I was bumping over the speed humps this morning I remembered this:

the-twat-o-tron

you might need to click on the link to the tw@t o tron on the top right

saves me typing a fair bit :lol:

Not sure what Scottland has to do with it to be honest.

Yes he is Scottish and his constituency is in Scotland. If every labour MP in Scotland was elected it still wouldn't be enough to put them in government unless the English, Welsh and NI voted for them too. Of course if the English labour MPs hadn't voted for him as leader then he wouldn't be in power either.

Maybe we all like him so much since petrol is only 30p per litre up here but obviously that's our discounted rate since the oil comes from Scottish waters :D

Gordon Brown couldn't govern Scotland since Labour aren't in power in the Scottish parliment!

For what it's worth I don't think the tories would have managed things any better. Cameron doesn't know what to do and just jumps on any idea that may be popular that day. They would have mismanaged in the same way and all of corozins examples would still have taken place.

I agree the its a case of choosing the least bad party with the current system. Maybe time for proportional representation rather than the current system?