Sign in to follow this  
PRANA666

CRANK PULLEY REMOVAL

Hi,

I have searched the forum for the answer to this question but can not find a difintive answer.

I have taken out the four allen key bolts from the of the crank pulley and sprayed it with some lubricant. However it does not move. I want to change my timing belt. am I correct in thinking that you do not need to take out the 19m bolt inorder to take the crank pulley out.

Please help this has had me stumped for most of the day.

Thank again.

I will try this after work.

Hopefully have her back together within a couple of weeks.

Are there any tips in general you can give for replacing the timing belt. You may have guessed I have not done this on a Corrado before.

All advice is appreciated.

Hopefully have her back together within a couple of weeks.

Yeah it will take you that long to work out the timing marks :D

It's a complete arse on a G60... :(

Advice would be to look at the definitive thread Yan posted up for pics, hopefully you already have the engine at TDC and can see the marks?

Hi,

for anyone who has any trouble taking the pulley off, please please listen to those who tell you to HIT it once you have taken out the four bolts, do not take out the 19m one in the middle though.

I was not willing to hit it that hard (rubber hammer), tried hitting it and didnt get any where. Someone else who is more of a savage than me hit it harder and it just dropped off.........

The timing does not look too bad to set up if you have the correct information, I read Yan's thread and also found another on the below , both very useful.Haven't actually tried to set it up, hopefully will find time on Sunday to do this.

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4109

Thanks

Devan

Hi,

for anyone who has any trouble taking the pulley off, please please listen to those who tell you to HIT it once you have taken out the four bolts, do not take out the 19m one in the middle though.

I was not willing to hit it that hard (rubber hammer), tried hitting it and didnt get any where. Someone else who is more of a savage than me hit it harder and it just dropped off.........

The timing does not look too bad to set up if you have the correct information, I read Yan's thread and also found another on the below , both very useful.Haven't actually tried to set it up, hopefully will find time on Sunday to do this.

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4109

Thanks

It's not too hard to understand in principle but things tend to move about while your setting it up.

If you're a perfectionist you will go insane trying to do it properly.

:)