Sign in to follow this  
Chris

where to buy a battery cover/bag from?

im trying to find a car battery bag/cover, the leather/fabric type with poppers holding the top down. i cant find one any where! all my local scrapys have the batteries away when then come in so none found there, and ebay has only turned up one result which was unfortunately too big for my battery. i even asked halfords and places like that, they had no idea. Dare i ask a vw dealership?

any ideas guys?

im after something like this

6121_1.JPG

VW dealer is likely to be the only place to get one. I'm due to go over to my friendly local VW dealer in the next hour or so (need a new ignition switch!) so can ask about a price for you whilst i'm there.

This is on my list of things to get from VW. I think the part number is 3578915411C and say its for a 60amp battery. Be interesting to see a price and (probably depressing!)

VW dealer is likely to be the only place to get one. I'm due to go over to my friendly local VW dealer in the next hour or so (need a new ignition switch!) so can ask about a price for you whilst i'm there.

that woud be awesome. thanks Jim

Actually not as expensive as I expected - just under £22 all in (£21.60'ish) - so not too painful :)

Actually not as expensive as I expected - just under £22 all in (£21.60'ish) - so not too painful :)

thats good news, cheers for that. did you by any chance get a part number, if not should i being asking them to look for a battery bag/case, im not sure what they refer to it as

thats good news, cheers for that. did you by any chance get a part number,

This is on my list of things to get from VW. I think the part number is 3578915411C and say its for a 60amp battery. Be interesting to see a price and (probably depressing!)

:salute:

im trying to find a car battery bag/cover, the leather/fabric type with poppers holding the top down. i cant find one any where! all my local scrapys have the batteries away when then come in so none found there, and ebay has only turned up one result which was unfortunately too big for my battery. i even asked halfords and places like that, they had no idea. Dare i ask a vw dealership?

any ideas guys?

6121_1.JPG

I have a brand new one of these sitting in the garage which I no longer need. Its the same as the one in the pic here - with the poppers...Your's for £20 delivered. :D

any ideas guys?

6121_1.JPG

I have a brand new one of these sitting in the garage which I no longer need. Its the same as the one in the pic here - with the poppers...Your's for £20 delivered. :D

what are the internal dimensions of it? defo interested if it fits my battery :)

The cover on my battery is fastened with Velcro tabs, not press buttons.

It is black and I believe to be original with the car (1995 Storm). Any one else got that type?

(I realise this is such trivial tripe I am asking now :cuckoo: , but thought I'd ask anyway! :sleeping: :lol: )