Sign in to follow this  
wallpaper_01

Dubbers Sports VW

Think a few people have had cars from him. He's in Huddersfield, (where I live).

From what I've heard, he deals online from a lock up type unit, not a garage as such.

Think a few people have had cars from him. He's in Huddersfield, (where I live).

From what I've heard, he deals online from a lock up type unit, not a garage as such.

yeah thats correct, i bought my corrado from him. I had a few problems with the car just after i bought it, he was did come round with VAGCOM to check it out - which is good. But the engine was burning oil at 115k, not saying that was his fault, though whether he knew about it and didnt let on or whether he didnt know is another story. Cant say i've had a bad dealing with him. Got his number if you want it.

I bought a headlight off him which was supposed to be a late type and it turned out to be and early one (they look the same to me), his mum made me a cup of tea which was nice.

I bought mine off him knowing it was a bit rough in need of tlc. I got it for a cheap price at the time 2 years ago. Its always been reliable and now after some hard work its a really nice car. Just use your jugement as if it was a private seller and give the car a good inspection so you know what you are getting. Mine had a sound engine checked out when I hpi checked it so I decided to risk it at £2900 for a 98k which was cheap then. Main worries were.

The gear box was stiff and first was hard to engage. New oil and a linkage adjustment solved it.

ABS didnt work. Dash light didnt come on so I did not spot it!. Luckily a new dash light and front sensors sorted this.

Just be a bit careful and as I say my car was worth the money at the time and is now a good car.

Thats another thing the ABS light didnt come on at all. Turned out to be the bulb wasnt actually in the 'ABS' dash button thingy. Though the car cost me 3k but it has a nice body, not the best but decent bodywork.

I bought my first Corrado off them a few years ago, turned out to be a lot rougher than described, but maybe that was a one off.

2 'disabled' ABS lights isn't a good sign tbh :?

True, but mine turned out to be a false alarm. But I can see where you're coming from. Also i checked out the options sticker in the boot and fed them into the options page that was posted on here. Turns out mine came with sports front seats (recaros?) which were electrically adjustable, heh though they didnt come with the car.

Hey thats my Bordeaux rado on the first page :D