Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Funny Things Your Corrado Has Done

Honestly... i almost have no idea where to start! the guy who owned the car before me is the most bodging person i've ever met. Firstly checking central locking... the drivers side opened but no central locking, found he had taken the alarm off and twisted the central locking together!!

Then got the central locking working on drivers side and boot only. for some reason after getting fed up of trying with passenger side it started working after i cursed at it for a good half hour. about 2 months later on, as im trying to open the driver's door it wont unlock (bare in mind i use the key), it seems the air central locking isnt unlocking so i have to turn the key and quickly pull on the lever to try and open the door in the split second it mildy becomes unlocked!! which then again fixed itself after a good cursing session and "im going to sell you to a farm as a heap of s**t"

Mine rolled of a petrol station forecort into the middle of the road once, handbrake wasnt very good so i soon sorted that out!!

My MPG was reading 85 the other day, i wish!

And a few times ive switched it off and removed the key and it the engine carried on running as if the key was still in and switched on

:shrug:

Intermittent problem for the past year, i turn the key and nothing happens, so i take the key out, then back in and turn it again, and its fine.

The rear wiper turns on, but not off (relay most likely).

My spoiler went up one day, and then never went back down, it just died (to do list).

The rear top mounts died, causing the rear suspension to collapse.

The side lights turned themselves on and flattened the battery.

From time to time when i set the alarm all the turn signals remain on, they only turn off when you disconnect the battery for an hour or so.

The alarm fob eats batteries.

The water expansion tank cracked and poured water over the alarm control unit, killing the car (E38 2006).

Hmmm, i think thats everything.

Oh yeah, lastly its cost me around £5k in the past 2 years, and visually is worse than when i bought it

Transponder playing up for the first time in aaaages and wont let me start the car, just as everyone was getting off the ferry on my return to england from my trip!! That was hilarious :censored:

Not had anything go on the way to an MOT but i laughed at the last one as the MOT tester broke my passenger door handle and couldnt get it open and was trying for ages, really stumped him, i found it brilliant :lol: i werent too amused when he told me thats an MOT failure though, soon told me where to go as he broke it :roll: passed it though luckily, good man :D

A couple of things spring to mind...

1) My Corrado is invisible. Yes really! Try finding a photograph of it anywhere from either the large Stanford Hall Corrado Stand, or indeed the large Prescott Corrado stand ! My car is invisible ! Fortunately this invisibility also (touch wood) seems to apply to the Feds.

2) My VR6 the magician. In the past 12 months my car took more money than...well let's say it was a helluva lot of money and made the whole lot disappear without trace! The car still looks like a POS (albeit a very fast Pxxxx Ox Sxxx) but all my money disappeared somewhere ! It would have been cheaper to have gotton married (almost!). I suspect that the magical abilities of this particular car may also be a reason for (1) above.

I love my Corrado though. The only way it could be better would be if £££ emitted from it's exhaust (as opposed to being swallowed by the engine)

John

A couple of times on my 8v, the indicators would remain on after the flash of the remote central locking. I don't mean that they continued to flash, they were just on, solidly on. The only solution was to disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes. The heat of the side repeaters staying on for so long actually melted through the back of the lenses!

A week or so after picking up my VR, the fuel filler flap started to lock itself again about 1 second after unlocking the car and it's been doing it ever since. It's really annoying. I suspect that both of these problems come from slightly botched fitting of non factory alarms...

yeah had a polo in that light marroon colour and she was pinky polo.

any way, a funny thing my raddo did the other night was go sideways around the roundabout. evrsince ive had it lowered the back end seems to twitch in the wet. was ver funny though hehehehhehe