Sign in to follow this  
waynos

hope SOMEBODY can help

driving home from work yesterday and i noticed a clattering noise, thought nothing of it but i pulled over to check if anything had been caught up in the wheels but nothing. It makes a really strange clattering noise in first gear, if i put my foot down on the clutch its still there. once i go into second its quiet again. ive also noticed that if ive decelerated say from 30 to a standstill and i go into first you can kind of hear a crunching and you can feel it in the gearknob too (only happens for a second or two) As if i tried to go into gear with no clutch. Today i just got back and was reversing up to the house and it felt like it was juddering. Sorry for such a long post hope somebody can help. (really wished i thought twice before buying another corrado!)

its something small

:lol:

Stop looking down your pants. :D

Does it only happen in first gear?

edit - just read it happens in reverse too. d'oh.

its not really a clunk sound more like a clattering.i have some spare 16v driveshafts, might swap them onto it and see if theres a difference. If its not that id rather it be a clutch than a gearbox. Theres no way of checking without taking the box off though :(

what kind of play? i tried to tug on the driveshaft itself and there was the tiniest bit of movement.

nah not as in broken, i mean like the tiniest bit of movement when trying to rotate it. im suspecting the clutch as i get a slight judder when i reverse also.