Sign in to follow this  
timthetinyhorse

help, chocolate + interior = mess

right, left the car in the sun yesterday with a foil wraped bar of chocolate on the little shelf below the dash, when i returned i found a nice pool of chocolate had hardened, at first i thought i would just remove it when i got home but have just realised that it is felt lined, any clues how im going to remove this big mess??

cheers

rob

get the bulk of it off with a cloth etc. then get a tooth brush or wire brush on it to remove as much of it as possible(on the dry chocolate) as it should just come off like dry mud. then use an interiour spray/ carpet cleaner to get the rest out. theres a nice apple smelling one in halfords in a big black can with an orange lid its called ambersil auto groom foaming upholstery cleaner its really good stuff.

Yeah if it was in my car Judith would lick it off! :lol: but i'd take the shelf out and stick in in a hot bath to melt it out :clap:

ooo those cups are sweet, going to try and get some!!!! chocolate removal shal commence on friday when im off after i have fully cleaned and waxed the exterior, cheers for the tip on the halfords stuff, hope it smells as ood as you say :)

Cheers for the tips, need to get some out of my seat too. Checked the C one morning after taking home a few drunkards to find melted chocolate everywhere :(

no worries and that stuff is well nice if it dont come out straight away work it in a lil with the foam on it then wipe it off.ooo apple foam it does smell nice

soda water. spray it on and leave it for a few seconds then get an old tea towel and lie it over the top, press on it then lift it off. Repeat untill the choc and stain have all gone.