Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

5th gear better than top gear???

Now I know I'm gonna get crucified, and I hate to say it, but I do get more enjoyment out of 5th gear these days........all the farting about lads stuff is cool and everything, but they are getting so far away from car reviews I'm failing to see the point anymore, theres only so much car jumping and false explosions I can take before it gets dull :sleeping: !!!!!

5th gear tonight, although a rip off of top gear studio, was how top gear use to be 3-4 years ago, and I reakon its better for it......what does everyone else think ??

i've thought the same for a long time, fed up with watching clarkson drive like a knob around the same old bit of tarmac, the last one i watched there were no facts about the car, just "brakes as big as bin lids" and "tyres that could wrap around the world"

the challenges are good, star in car has gotten boring,

also there's too many supercars these days imo nothing seems impressive now (after the veyron, zonda) its just another tuned up merc, porsche or ferrari each week

phewww thought I was the only one........agree with star in the car having run its course, and the banter between clarkson and co is so fake and put on its cringe worthy......although to be fair 5th gear is following in its path......plato and needell chat is also sooo scripted.......at least they talk about cars in a semi normal way thats not trying just be clever dicks !!!

just got sky plus to, its ammmmmaaaazing..... :clap:

5th for reviews, top gear for entertainment.

Lets be honest, the BBC want viewers, and top gear gives them that!

Top gear is done too far in advance, like this latest series, no review of the Scirocco or the Fiat 500 abarth, yet the magazine covered them tiiiiime ago, they need to do it more recently.

5th for reviews, top gear for entertainment.

Lets be honest, the BBC want viewers, and top gear gives them that!

Top gear is done too far in advance, like this latest series, no review of the Scirocco or the Fiat 500 abarth, yet the magazine covered them tiiiiime ago, they need to do it more recently.

agreed.....even my girlfriend started to watch top gear......but thats kinda my point, it doesnt really interest people like me anymore who are true car nuts, and those are the core audience.......I reakon soon enough most people will get bored of it, even my girlfriend who now sky plus's it :brickwall: doh !!!

I can't watch 5th Gear, because all the presenters have f*cking stupid voices and faces. I want to punch Tiff Needell in the head, and Vicki Butler Henderson is just unbearably smug.

If you want to know how a car drives, watch 5th Gear. If you want to know how it compares to a weasel drinking mayonnaise then watch Top Gear.

VBH ftw. :luvlove:

VBH is annoying, no offence to those that have taken a fancy, but her whole exaggerated mouth movements drive me up the wall. If 5th gear was like how topgear used to be then id love 5th gear, but i find the journalism of the cars to be a bit pathetic.

VBH is annoying, no offence to those that have taken a fancy, but her whole exaggerated mouth movements drive me up the wall. If 5th gear was like how topgear used to be then id love 5th gear, but i find the journalism of the cars to be a bit pathetic.

Right on. She has a head like Terrance and Phillip out of South Park.

:lol:

Im not in to 5th gear, its good for properly reviewing the cars but i also find their voices annoying and it just doesnt keep me wanting to watch it, i could happily flick over even if they are driving a massively powerful supercar.

My main gripe with 5th gear is also the presenters, that hairy bloke is a complete Bell end! and tiff needell thinks he is james bond, as for VBH she has always been a cock in a frock!

Top gear is miles better imo, regardless of accuracy or fact the banter and content are much better, and you dont have to endure old big nose plato!

:lol:

Im not in to 5th gear, its good for properly reviewing the cars but i also find their voices annoying and it just doesnt keep me wanting to watch it, i could happily flick over even if they are driving a massively powerful supercar.

agreed the presenters are naff........tiff is a quality driver though........his parents didnt like him much with a name like that though :lol: !!!

agreed the presenters are naff........tiff is a quality driver though........his parents didnt like him much with a name like that though :lol: !!!

WRONG! Tiff thinks he's a good driver, he's a dick! and before you all go off I've met him in real life! top wrist excerciser! Refused to sign autographs for kids at the only British GT event he did, just sat on his throne (yes throne, a seat 3 ft higher than the rest of the team) looking smug.

Then binned the car in the race, came in and screamed that the mechanics were all To$$ers despite his team-mate keeping it on the island for the First half!

Surprisingly the team owner never invited him back!

Reason for 5th Gear? Tiff got bunted off TG after Clarkson walked and the ratings dropped...

Good driver? NO! Jason Potato can drive rings round him but isn't allowed to!

One of the main reasons I won't watch 5th gear, problem is I like "Potato" as a person (again met him on a professional level) and VBH as a "co*k in a frock" as some-one described her...

WRONG! Tiff thinks he's a good driver, he's a dick! and before you all go off I've met him in real life! top wrist excerciser! Refused to sign autographs for kids at the only British GT event he did, just sat on his throne (yes throne, a seat 3 ft higher than the rest of the team) looking smug.

Then binned the car in the race, came in and screamed that the mechanics were all To$$ers despite his team-mate keeping it on the island for the First half!

Surprisingly the team owner never invited him back!

Reason for 5th Gear? Tiff got bunted off TG after Clarkson walked and the ratings dropped...

Good driver? NO! Jason Potato can drive rings round him but isn't allowed to!

One of the main reasons I won't watch 5th gear, problem is I like "Potato" as a person (again met him on a professional level) and VBH as a "co*k in a frock" as some-one described her...

wouldnt have a clue what either is like in person, never meet them. I just think tiff looks impressive when driving, but if you've had first hand experience........ :shrug:

The shows both have problems...5th gear are constantly copying Top Gear stunts...(running a car on cooking oil for one springs to mind. top gear did it a couple of years ago then 5th gear do it this year) and claim it to an orginal trial.

The BIG BIG BIG problem with Top Gear is it's become the "Jeremy Clarkson Show" and they've lost the idea of reviewing cars and motoring unless its got 500bhp and costs half a million quid!!!. Cant recall a proper in depth review of a car for everyone without comparing to a racer of some kind or doing some kind of stupid race with bmw bikes or something.

Shame really cos Top Gear used to be "THE" prog to tune into if you wanted to know what cars were coming up and how bad or good they were.

Nopw tho its just sooooooooooooo cheeeseyly scripted that sometimes you just help but cringe.

i still love top gear just mainly for the challenges but it has gone away from the whole car review thing.

dont mind 5th gear is better for the reviews but that women is the most annoying women ever if she wasnt on it i think id like it more

somewhere..............I have an Autosport magazine (hailing the "new" mini :wink: ) i got at the motor show a few years back with ALL of the 5th gear presenters autographs, even tiff "shaken not stirred" signed it :shock: (ebay iy :lol: ) up close VBH just looks like your best mates slightly attractive sister, you probably would but you dont really know why and would regret it for a number of reasons afterwards :lol:

I think out of all the motor journos Quentin "i got caught clocking cars" wilson (proven he has a conviction!) has to be the biggest bell end of them all, he is a PROPER badger stroker!

Clarkson is a bit over powering but he is funny at the same time, and at least they got rid of that tool who spoke through his nose and done slots on motorbikes, steve berry or summink? he was well worthy of the "off" button!

Quentin.......another unloved child.......I think the only presenter who seems half ok is the fat one who was originally on top gear and now does second hand car show on Dave......he seems normal, or am I mistaking that as boring, maybe thats why he isnt on top gear anymore !!

Hes the unknown relative of William Woolard who was one of the original presenters of Top Gear in the days when they actually reviewed cars people were likely to buy..lol :oops:

oooohhhh just googled him, I remember now, wow thats some knowledge you have there :salute:

what about chris goffey ?? now he was a presenter, cant imagine him doughnutting a zonda.

oooohhhh just googled him, I remember now, wow thats some knowledge you have there :salute:

what about chris goffey ?? now he was a presenter, cant imagine him doughnutting a zonda.

Thats not knowledge thats just age mate :( :lol: Chris Goffey...awesome beard..lol

Whose the guy with the grey hair that does the gadget show too, he wobbles his head all over the place when he talks, winds me up when people do that!