Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

MOT time....

Chin up! At least it hasn't dumped it's water pump the day before the MOT like mine did!!!

Remember, there's always someone worse off than you somewhere!!

Good luck though Nikki!

well, it only needs a lambda probe so one is on its way and Zed will hopefully be back in this afternoon.

the one on there was the one I got last year from the mot man which has been sitting in the garage with the cat for a year :lol: Maybe i'll buy a new one just for mots :lol:

Congrats on the MOT. Dec saved me this year by lending a headlight (thanks again! 8) ), but i was rather worried at the long list the tester gave me of things to look out for. Looks like i'm gonna have my work cut out in 2009!

I'll need to do the rear axle bushes before the next mot but that should be it. I didnt get a list of things that needed doing though :). Just pleased i dont have to worry about it til then now :) :clap:

Nice one, glad it passed, mines due on 3rd September, its only done 3k since the last one :lol: so hopefully it will pass :wink: but who knows!

Nice one, glad it passed, mines due on 3rd September, its only done 3k since the last one :lol: so hopefully it will pass :wink: but who knows!

mine hasnt done many miles this year either ...... bloody corrados lol

lol, bit more to the story of zed getting motd.

Ran out of fuel on the way to the petrol station.....

Got to mates garage as cat needed put back on and front needed raised, he said we could use the ramps so was a welome change from lying on the ground.

Helped with a starting problem on an old merc diesel and brewed up whilst drooling over his urq hes been rebuilding for the past 10 years lol.

Cat went on without issue, and front coilies were nice and free so were raised up a few inches to get into the mot station..

all going well...sets off for mot station.

Rolled in and mot bloke makes a start on the job in hand. I bible round looking at the various exotica around me, poker 968 csl, noble, lambo, old triumph hill climb car.

Emmisions time, stick the probe in...fnar fnar... and away we go. Oh fook....big red block on the screen for the c.o. Tries a few runs to see if the lambda would pull it down but it did diddly squat. Tried one last time to then see lots of steam billowing out from under the bonnet...ooohh fook :ignore:

Managed to empty the tank out of the everflow. oh cock.

Let it cool down and topped it up with boiling water. fired up staright away once it had cooled down. Decided to coax it back to my mates garage and have a looksee

. Stuck vag com on it and came up with nothing :shrug: . Topped it back up and got it up to temp till the fans cut in. All good.

Ordered new lambda and took old one off. Arrived a couple of hours later, fitted and off for the retest. Flew through with the c.0 hardly registering. YAY!!!

Drove home keeping a beady eye on the temp gauge and all seems fine. very odd.

At least hes motd for another year

The beer and pickled onion monster much wer very elcome back at home lol

see, what I said...had no issues :lol: not from where I was sitting anyway (in my office at work) :lol:

must admit, this was the first time ive driven zed other than round the block since we put the engine in and its sweet as a nut. Glad youre happy with your new engine mrs :wave:

must admit, this was the first time ive driven zed other than round the block since we put the engine in and its sweet as a nut. Glad youre happy with your new engine mrs :wave:

Just an ickle bit :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweet.... all done for another year!

I saw Chris yesterday and he said your Rado was in for some work Nik

Mine passed its MOT yesterday too :clap:

LOL not exactly in for some work...just the mot and all the needed for that...changing plates, raising suspension, putting cat on ....lol