Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Mates R32 Storm - MAPPED.. by friend&Myself!

Update..

My bit done.. bodyshop is going to take delivery of an R32 Storm in the morning.. :clap: :clap:

Thank god my arm is about to fall off!! :camp:

Anyway last couple of pics before it gets some fresh paint this week..

top work, i wish i had mates like you instead of people who dont even know how to use a socket :)

is the r32 all running/mapped then Ben.

Thanks guys for comments! But no more engine conversions for me for a while.. i need to take a break from it all, buy a house then concetrate on something for me..

Well the Storm is back from the body shop. They've done a good job spraying it for me. Should have all the bumpers back on it this avo with any luck.

pics below -

when you planning to have it done by??

will look boxfresh :salute:

Rollers are booked for the 5th of June, so 5th of June hopefully.. :clap: although just found the bodyshop have managed to break the PAS pump, they must have hit something, so thats set me back as I can't bolt the front end up until its replaced. :bad-words:

Anyone got a spare PAS pump? mk2/corrado/mk3 version?? Also need a front bonnet catch (the one in the middle).. ;-)

So left to do is the dash wiring, PAS pump replacment, throttle isn't quite getting to 100%.. so need to sort that, also need to sort a water leak etc etc.. so just bits and pieces really.

B

Fantastic work! About the rear lights... i was supposed to give you the original ones when i sold the car - sorry! I think they are burried in my dad's shed somewhere!

Very surreal for me seeing this photo - there's the shinny new V6 engine - and then things i recongise like the water bottle!

Very glad i came back to the forum and looked up how you are getting on with it - any idea when it will be on the road?

Fantastic work! About the rear lights... i was supposed to give you the original ones when i sold the car - sorry! I think they are burried in my dad's shed somewhere!

Very surreal for me seeing this photo - there's the shinny new V6 engine - and then things i recongise like the water bottle!

Very glad i came back to the forum and looked up how you are getting on with it - any idea when it will be on the road?

No worries mate about the lights, I no longer own the car so don't worry about the lights, I may even have some kicking about at home.

Yeah the car looks fresh and will be good fun to drive once finished. Mapping is taking place on the 5th of June so hopefully the new owner will get it MOT'd pretty soon after. I have a few things to finish off but generally speaking its almost finished. Hasn't been a too bad project to work on, the R32 engine conversion was easy enough, wiring wasn't much fun but I hate doing it and the bodywork was just a couple of weekends work.

Will take some nice pics and vids when its finished. Thanks for all the comments guys..

Ben :wave:

fancy making another intake pipe? :norty:

how did you do the maf with that setup, cant quite see from pics

Its been a long while but I've had time to get it ready for mapping and me/friend mapped it on a mates farm this Saturday gone. Chuffed as.. these are the results -

:-)

Sweet Jeesus!!! That is simply awesome....

So, how much for you to do the R32 conversion on my VR6?

Ben how did the Dubpower manifold and exhaust fit up on this car? My downpipe is touching the tunnel wall underneath and pushing the whole exhaust against the side when fitted :(

The dubpower manifold doesn't fit perfectly, but doesn't hit the underside of the car Ben has been working on. On another friend's car, with a 2.8 24v, the manifold is very close to the underside of the tunnel, and the flange isn't perpendicular to the chassis, meaning the cat replacement pipe is kinked to straighten things up before mating with the existing vr6 system.

On both Ben's, and the other chap's car, the manifolds blow , and it sounds to be at the head. I'm unsure what the cause is, as the manifolds appear fine (plates are true, and no pin holes found yet), but the guy with the 2.8 24v has tried a new gasket (didn't work), tried double gaskets (didn't work), and is now a litlle short on ideas. :cuckoo:

"Biggerbigben - Mates R32 Storm - MAPPED.. by friend&Myself!" - it's mostly there, but the cold start needs sorting, the air temp correction maps need double checking with a better air feed (cooler) to the throttle (air filter is behind the rad.... 75 C intake temps!), and the coolant temp sender needs to be calibrated. Even with some rather safe retard to compensate for the intake temps, the car goes pretty well, but there's more to be had. The ignition map is pretty safe (we believe), as it's a minor tweak of an ignition map Dave Walker create for a 2.8 24v.