Sign in to follow this  
Purds

What size wheels to get

hi guys, picking up a raddo vr tommorow and im not sure what wheels to get, i like the look of more 15" wheels but thenits hard to get them in 5 stud, the i would say 16" would be perfect, 18" far to big but im not sure about the 17", i see a few have run on them but what do you guys think?

cheers

rich

15s or 16s imo 8) I think the rest look tooo big imo. Although, there are exceptions! (RS4 wheels = 8) )

17" LM Reps...

camerapictures03-03-08132.jpg

Don't look like 17's either which I like... especially if you put them up against BBS RC's which look Huge!

16's are an ideal compromise ride vs handling but work with low cars (see Bally & Billinjah's Rados)

But hirses for courses really. Have a good look round at Edition there will be plenty of wheel options to look at!

17s work really well so long as they're not too wide (i.e 7J) and not too heavy (8Kg or under).

8x17s make the car feel noticably lazier to turn in and blunts initial acceleration.

Ride quality is is mostly in the suspension and tyres, regardless of wheel size.

I'd agree totally with Kev - weight is a major factor. The difference in steering feel when I switched to my Pro Race 2's was a bit of a shock (but for the better), it was purely down to the new wheels being significantly lighter than the old ones.

Looks wise its purely a matter of personal opinion, one thing I did notice was that the choice of tyres seems more limited in 16" and prices seem higher than 17" as well

BBS, Borbet, OZ to name but a few make some awesome 16 inch rims, suit the car, fill the arches, dont ruin the handling and tyres can be had in all sizes for 16`s if you ask/look in the right places

Or you could just Bypass any attempt at nice styling and buy a set of "safe" 17` Ripspeed black or silver jobbies with cheapo tyres on for £3 pounds 50 for 4 :grin: :lol:

i have 7.5x16 on the front aqnd 9x16 on the rear, love the way the car handles and drives, didnt noticably loose any acceleration or top speed (not that i would know what it is?;) ) only downside being the are a bit oof a pain to get on in the first place lol.