Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

bbs lm reps supplier

just want to air my bad experience of bbslmreps.co.uk.

i placed an order with them in april with a deposit of £100. still have no wheels and no communication. i know of another who is in the same boat aswell.

so my advice is to steer clear. this is fraud as far as im concerned.

so before anyone else makes the mistake of ordering from them please, do not bother!

regards, Rob

Dude, as I said in my other Thread...

You have a problem with JJ NOT BBSLMREPS two different people!

I sugest you modify this. :mad2:

Why should he modify the thread?

As he said, he placed the order with lmreps and has obviously been messed about (by lmreps).

Can we have some clarity on this situation please - i.e. just exactly who is scamming who here? If he placed the order on that site, then clearly they are responsible?

the order was placed with JJ at bbslmreps.co.uk

i got his number and email address through their website.

i dont know the politics about the company or the website.

whoever it was was quite happy to "sell" me some wheels and what have you.

[email protected] is his email address. i got this from the site and also the contact number.

if he has left then its not my problem, and as far as i am concerned the bbslmreps has my money. if you call any of the numbers on the site you get sod all response.

so i will happily air my gripe about this, for which i feel entitled. if the "company" want to share their side then feel free.

Just in case you dont know mate. I too have been after JJ for the last few months for some wheels. He mailed me last week to say they just came in. I offered to pay via paypal that very day and he said if I paid right away he would get them out with the courier the next day as he was going on holidays that same day for 2 weeks.

I got my LM Reps in size 16" 5X100 last thursday and happy days.

I've never met JJ but he has always answered my mails within 48hours. I gave up using those mobile numbers cos I never got a reply either. I reckon he is trust worthy just hes on holidays.

ive sent the chap numerous emails, to which some were replied. and as soon as i said i got some wheels elsewhere and i wanted my deposit back as he could not fulfil the deal, all went quiet. if he is on holiday then someone else should be sorting this out or he should say something. you cant run a business by just ignoring people.

i have heard some people have got their stuff, but i havent.

i can only go on my experience. other people can feel free to put their 2 pence worth in, but im sure you can appreciate my position which is the reason why i have started this thread.

you have to remember that this is my experience and opinion, which i feel i am entitled to express.

if people dont want their name tarnished, then dont mess them about, simple.

I'd be wary of any "company" using hotmail as an official email address personally.

i was wary Kev, which is why i only paid a deposit, not the full amount when he asked. was going to collect the wheels in person and pay cash when they arrived.

what is the world coming to hey :cuckoo:

On reflection I would prefer this to play out vwdeviant but I appreciate your concerns. Again, from the outside looking in (as i'm having to do here) the whole setup is confusing but I agree with what you said and feel that it is worth pointing out that the website was setup as a favour to co-ordinate the group buy for forum members and isn't directly associated with the guy who has actually been RUNNING the group buy.

On reflection I would prefer this to play out vwdeviant but I appreciate your concerns. Again, from the outside looking in (as i'm having to do here) the whole setup is confusing but I agree with what you said and feel that it is worth pointing out that the website was setup as a favour to co-ordinate the group buy for forum members and isn't directly associated with the guy who has actually been RUNNING the group buy.

Exactly which is why I feel for the parties involved not using BBSLMREPS in the title's fair...

Rob's beef is with [email protected] as he's admitted... neither of the parties who were directly involved in the website have seen any of the alledged money.

Exactly which is why I feel for the parties involved not using BBSLMREPS in the title's fair...

Rob's beef is with [email protected] as he's admitted... neither of the parties who were directly involved in the website have seen any of the alledged money.

so where does [email protected] come into the equation? that email address and JJ were linked with that website.

and im not having a go at you, but can you see my predicament?

Rob

Yeah I can see your predicament but jumping up and down on this subject everytime the words BBS LM are typed onto a forum, as you have recently, won't get your deposit back. Talk to JJ, if he doesn't reply then there is an issue with your mails, especially as lots of others seem to have had their stuff with minimal fuss. Maybe because they weren't hassling as soon as deadline came and went.

Just to re-iterate what I heard, and you have been told here, he's on holiday! So maybe leave it until you know for definate?

I don't think it's up to the people who set up the web-site to air their business in public, but you have admitted that your issue lies with JJ.

So please change the thread, I don't care that you include "LM replica supplier" or similar, just not BBSLMREPS.

I'm going to leave it at that and if the parties involved want to comment they can.

Oh and .... deposit's are normally non-refundable!

isnt the website email address - [email protected]?

i should know, i designed the flapping site! which incidently has just gone down to over-shooting its bandwidth - will re host again tonight.

btw, i'm not JJ, just a helpful person who wanted to help get some sales for him by plugging the site!

only problem with you bad mouthing the site and not the seller is that it makes me look bad, and people on other forums (including ed which you have happily mouthed off on aswell) know me from the site, so makes me look like a plank.

if you ordered the wheels through jj's personal email address then this is why it hasnt gone through the company website, so therefor do you not think you have indeed bought them off jj direct?!

I'd be wary of any "company" using hotmail as an official email address personally.

Plus a mobile number as the only contact - dodgy as foook!

A whois lookup on the domain doesn't show much either, the registrant has not put his address details up so this means he should not actually be retailing goods - the hosting company may be able to help you find these but not sure how this works with the data protection act...

the site wasnt put up as a company! it was put up as a resource due to the silly amount of hits in the group buy section of this very forum... it just so happens that the guy who could get them in JJ can/has still been getting them in, so his mobile has been left on the site. this isnt his sole job remember, its a service he is providing in his spare time...

like i said it was used as a site so people could stop waiting for questions to be replied during the November-February group buys available on, Ed 38, Corrado forum, club polo, club lupo, a mini forum, some vauxhall forums and some import forums.

Mate the only 'beef' you have is with JJ, doing this publically on a forum over and over is getting sad, and probably gtting a lot of people involved who shouldnt be having to answer things.... like myself. Instead of all of this, put a formal letter to JJ or wait for him to get back.

But if you say that you dont need a set of wheels now, then surely you cant be expecting the deposit to be paid back?? not normally the way a deposit goes...

btw i'm done answering Q's, as it really doesnt have anything to do with any one of these members on this forum nor others... it seems it has been said over and over to you that your real issue is with JJ.

I'm sorry if it seems like i'm snapping, because i'm honestly not.. but i dont see how many more people can say the same thing to you..

Partially yes.

As you have stated you bought from JJ's personal e-mail not through the site, so your beef is with JJ himself not BBSLMREPS.

Mark's a good mate who set this up to help service a demand, it's not a company as such, just a bunch of like minded enthuisasts trying to help others out and save them a few bob... I know he's a pretty laid back guy but the constant unwarranted attacks on various sites has forced him to appear here and explain things.

So as has been said you need to speak to JJ. Can you also please amend your OTHER threads you've posted about this too?

But as most people will tell you, you're unlikely to get your deposit back as you've bought elsewhere, just as you wouldn't if you put a deposit down for a car at a dealer and then decided to buy elsewhere...

Mods can we lock/delete this thread now this has been resolved please?

So Rob_b got JJ's email address off the bbslmreps website and decided to order via him instead of the usual website ordering method?

As his email address is obviously displayed as a contact on the website which you can order bbs reps and he offered to supply said wheel, surely:

1) His email address shouldn't be up there if his ordering method is not actually associated with bbslereps. In which case the fault is with bbslmreps for displaying an incorrect contact email address, of another supplier who has not delivered the wheels in this case?

2) Surely JJ should have pointed him in the direction of the proper bbslmreps website ordering method, instead of accepting an order for a website in which he was not involved?

3) If I ordered from any online website I would hold them 100% responsible if the contact details they published led to a failure to deliver parts due to a 3rd party being involved.

I understand that it is not a true 'company' as such, but it seems to have no organisation at all from what I can see!

am i in the wrong here or something?

:help:

Not in my eyes...

Sorry, but if Rob_B got the contact details through that site, then he's right to feel agrieved by it, whether people have apparently moved on or not. Can the people running the site currently not try to help get a resolution as a good will gesture, and perhaps to help improve the name of thier site???

Jon, you were pretty annoyed about being messed around and losing your £50 deposit on some wheels recently weren't you? You must have an idea of how this guy feels...

Jon, you were pretty annoyed about being messed around and losing your £50 deposit on some wheels recently weren't you? You must have an idea of how this guy feels...

Yeah I was, but I also knew that I wouldn't get the deposit money back too!

Live and Learn...