Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

bbs lm reps supplier

the order was placed with JJ at bbslmreps.co.uk

i got his number and email address through their website.

If that's the case, the problem lies with BBSLMREPS.CO.UK , whether the staff member is no longer with them, on holiday etc etc etc doesn't matter.

If the problem was left to the people who are actually involved (i.e. BBSLMREPS, and customers that have been left out of pocket) to sort out it would make the situation a lot easier to understand and resolve IMO

it IS a problem with BBSLMREPS. If the email address was obtained from that website and one of THEIR staff members took payment (or one of the people who was helping out) then it is an issue with the site directly and not just of JJ!

The least that the other guys should be doing is contacting JJ themselfs and seeing what the situation is. After all, the member on this forum believed he was buying them from BBSLMREPS directly!!

So in a word NO, i dont think your wrong mate.

Andy

well thanks for the support guys, i was getting fed up the bully boy tactics going on here.

the issue has not been resolved, and i AM entitled to my deposit back. the supplier could not deliver the item within the agreed time scale, so irrespective of my decision to purchase items elsewhere, i am entitled to my money back.

to use your analogy, if you put a deposit on a car and they said they could not get it for you after saying they could, you would want your money back. its as simple as that.

as far as i was concerned, JJ WAS BBSLMREPS and was never told any different.

the matter is being taken up by trading standards, so im sure they will find out who is who in this saga.

As I understand it this the website has no affiliation with bbs reps though, am I wrong?

Who is JJ is he just not the person in charge of the group buy accross three deifferent forums? Or does he or did he indeed work for bbs reps. If it is the latter then that is the only way bbsreps can be held in anyway responsible for your deposit.

when i enquired about some wheels via the sales@bbslmreps email, this JJ chap emailed me back from the email address tuningmeister@hotmail.... to deal with the transaction. i assumed it was his website.

so that is how it all started.

when i enquired about some wheels via the sales@bbslmreps email, this JJ chap emailed me back from the email address tuningmeister@hotmail.... to deal with the transaction. i assumed it was his website.

so that is how it all started.

Perhaps bbslmreps forwarded your email to JJ because he was in charge of the group buy? Just summising..

Stick with it mate, make sure you get your money back or the wheels.

I wouldnt give a monkeys why the site was created. If you visited LMREPS and it was from there that youre transaction began, they should be sorting this out.

What if someone else ordered via the lmreps and the same thing happened? Whats all this nonsence about deposits being non-refundable aswell, the company have clearly failed to meet their end of the bargain by not supplying you with wheels therefore the deposit should most definitely be refundable.

There are clearly people affiliated to this website postng on this thread. Why cant you help this guy out instead of trying to pass the buck?

Really makes me angry when people get ripped off :censored:

Just a general point on the deposit. I would say in my experience, if Rob doesn't follow through with his end of the deal i.e paying the balance due, then by rights the company or JJ or whoever the hell is running this thing, should be entitled to keep the deposit if they've supplied the wheels.

However, I haven't read in any great detail but, as far as I can tell, JJ hasn't actually said he has the wheels and asked for the balance. It shouldn't matter if he's bought other wheels elsewhere. Rob's problem seems to be the lack of wheels/response from JJ. I'm not saying he wants another set now but that seems irrelevant to this situation.

trading standards wouldnt see it like that, the chap has given money in good faith as a deposit for a service or in this case an item, the "company" regardless of who took the order! have failed to deliver his item therefore they have breached the "contract"

its the same with any company, there obligation to the customer is to deliver what the customer pays for/orders if that item never arrives then they are required by law to refund the money as they have failed to keep there "contract" with the buyer

it matters not if "JJ" is a total muppet and has pocketed the money :shrug: if he worked for them at the time of the order and has used thier trade name to accept the order they are obligated

if he worked for them and has done a runner or been sacked? then it changes nothing, they are responsible for the refund regardless, if they were a registered company (vat paying :wink: ) then they would be insured against losses etc, they probably are not as they have just jumped onto the band wagon supplying rip off rims that BBS probably own the patent for and they are probably breaching loads of trade mark offences into the bargain by using the BBS name against their moody merchandise, nothing better than a fake louis viton handbag!!

REAL BBS rims are made of much higher quality materials and tested to far greater standards than these rims are re accident damage, structure failure through stress etc, personally i wouldnt want them on my car for those reasons alone

Erm, I'm backing up Rob here. JJ hasn't upheld his end of the deal so just because Rob has wheels from elsewhere, it's ridiculous to say that his deposit has been forfeited.

Erm, I'm backing up Rob here. JJ hasn't upheld his end of the deal so just because Rob has wheels from elsewhere, it's ridiculous to say that his deposit has been forfeited.

that is indeed the situation, and i am completely entitled to my money back. i am happy to say that as i am very clear about the facts after speaking to the councils consumer advice department. the issue will be passed on to trading standards tomorrow when i complete the details of the case.

im not going to just roll over and say its ok and never mind, its only £100. i work bloody hard to earn that money and im not about to give it up without a fight.

oh, and on a lighter note, do i get a tin of spam mr VR6?

his last email to me was sent on 30th of july. ive sent 5 since then with no reply, including a response 3hours after his last email. ive been chasing the order since the end of may.

his last email to me was sent on 30th of july. ive sent 5 since then with no reply, including a response 3hours after his last email. ive been chasing the order since the end of may.

Perhaps he is on holiday then Rob, it is possible. If he was indeed going to OZ he is likely to go for at least 3-4 weeks.

What did his last email say?

3 weeks ago JJ He told me he was going on holidays in 1 weeks time. so hes been away for at least the last 2 weeks. He did send my wheels out before he went and they are on my Corrado now.

his last email said his supplier had failed to deliver the wheels, and he still had my deposit, what did i want to do. i sent a reply on the same day some 3 hours later which stated that i could not wait any longer (2months late already) and that i would like my deposit back. the trail went cold after that. that was on the 30th of july.

he was obviously aware of the situation and i find it hard to believe that anyone would just ignore a problem like this. he may well be on holiday, however he has not said anything to me. had he said something, and said we will sort it out when i come back from holiday, then fair enough. how am i supposed to know what he is doing?

the only reason to believe he could be on holiday is because someone on here said so. so unless he tells me otherwise, i have to assume he is in the country and refusing to deal with this problem.

if he is out of the country, then this is not the way to run a business anyway

Quite right, FWIW, I'm behind Rob on this - everything I've read on this thread suggests to me this JJ character is either trying to chisel him, or (just as bad) totally incompetent. If you're dealing with people's money, you don't go on holiday without either leaving someone else in charge of your inbox, or at least letting your customers know.

Hope it works out for you Rob - don't give up!

his last email said his supplier had failed to deliver the wheels, and he still had my deposit, what did i want to do. i sent a reply on the same day some 3 hours later which stated that i could not wait any longer (2months late already) and that i would like my deposit back. the trail went cold after that. that was on the 30th of july.

he was obviously aware of the situation and i find it hard to believe that anyone would just ignore a problem like this. he may well be on holiday, however he has not said anything to me. had he said something, and said we will sort it out when i come back from holiday, then fair enough. how am i supposed to know what he is doing?

the only reason to believe he could be on holiday is because someone on here said so. so unless he tells me otherwise, i have to assume he is in the country and refusing to deal with this problem.

You keep confusing the issue though IMO, it's not about 'JJ' or 'he' this and 'holiday' that - you placed an order through the BBSLMREPS.CO.UK website and 'they' failed to deliver - it's BBSLMREPS.CO.UK that are responsible, not an individual - you either need to maintain that, or re-direct this thread towards the individual that you feel has knocked you.

You keep confusing the issue though IMO, it's not about 'JJ' or 'he' this and 'holiday' that - you placed an order through the BBSLMREPS.CO.UK website and 'they' failed to deliver - it's BBSLMREPS.CO.UK that are responsible, not an individual - you either need to maintain that, or re-direct this thread towards the individual that you feel has knocked you.

you are quite correct sir, JJ is the contact i have had with this company, hence my referral to him. but it is BBSLMREPS that has had my money. im still under the impression that BBSLMREPS is JJ's business.

BBSLMREPS-avoid.