Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

VR6 Running problem advice please

Just got my car back from having a respray :clap: and a re-build of brake suss ect. The cars been there since feb and prior to that in bits on my drive probally covered about 400 miles in 2 years cos of its problems. Prior to all this the performence of the engine was fine had a few little isuess now and again cam sensor etc. Just driving it home its been ticking over fine but its very slugish till it gets up the revs once its up there its not pulling too bad its just at take off, it seems to make all the right grunting but the powers just lacking.(corsa with a big bore style performance :confused4: )

Obviously its been stood and i wouldn't have expected it to go perfectly straight away just wondered if it will need running for a while and fix itself of will it need sticking on a rolling road and a bit of tweaking req. Anybody with any thoughts, advice experiance of this :shrug:

start with the fuel fliter and go from there,sounds like fuel starvation.

New fuel filter plugs leads oil and oil filter just been fitted and was running the same when it went for mot before they were all changed. If it is fuel starvation could it be blocked injectors, would some redex in the fule help?

my first VR was like this and it was my fuel pump on the way out,best way to check would be with the proper gear, fuel pressure test kit.other than that do you have a spare pump?

has it been vagcom'd

i think ive found it theres a clip missing off the air feed pipe between the filter and throttle body, taking air in after air flow meter, haven't had time to prove it yet will mess in morning and see if it solves it

Was going to say - doesn't really sound like fuel supply. More like it's bogging down at low revs, which is subtle fuelling issues, not gross fuelling issues. Check all the hoses, the error codes and reset the ECU.