Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Early spec front indicators and fogs

Does anyone know a good place to get new replacement items for the above? ECP have *some* but they're not cheap and according to their website, they don't have a pair of anything!

I have a pair of early fogs sitting in the garage you can have for £20 they arn't new but they are crack free and clean pm me if you want them

Hi mate, that's good to know - any chance you can take some pics and post em up?

Apparently there are a few left in VW dealerships over the country, but I can't decide if it's worth spending near £50 each for brand new ones, or just replacing mine with some better-nick used ones... The problem with mine is that they're full of mould and chipped, and really date the front of the vehicle.

I know what you mean I got fed up of looking for decent second hand late spec fogs and was definetly not going to go for £230 stealer prices for original so went for £165 in-pro but not really likeing the look of them now.

yeah i will try to remember to take some pics tonight and post them up, if I don't get back by tonight drop me a PM to remind me

You just need to find a hella supplier for the early indicators, they were still showing as being available long after VW stopped listing them.

Ahh interesting - erm... do you have any names of hella suppliers? Google isn't coming up with anything useful..

No unfortunately, but it might be worth ringing around the likes of Unipart and other local garages in your area to see if they are.

L/H indicator is hella no: 2BA 005 398-031

R/H inidcator is hella no: 2BA 005 398-041

Hella website is here Hella

vw still have early type front indicators, i got some of the US spec amber front ones a few weeks back £40 odd quid for the pair

GPC dont seem to have much at all now, they have not updated that website for about 8 years!!!!!

Anyone found a supplier of early indicators? VW say they are obsolete. And no one else appears to have stock. Anyone discovered a Hella supplier? I've pulled a blank! Can't even find the lenses. :cry:

OK I've made some calls there are 4 R/H indicators at Hella in Germany, well 3 now as I just ordered 1 through GSF.

The only way to get the left indicator now is for a Hella distributor to place a back order for them to Germany as they aren't in stock! If the back order is made then they'll make a batch so they aren't obselete they just aren't in demand so if we can demand then someone will supply! After all it is an MOT failure item!

Maybe the Corrado club could get involved and would have more influence than I did wth GSF, if we can get an idea of how many people want these then maybe they can be convinced to back order them. :shrug:

Nice work dude - what was the price, by the way?

£20 plus delivery phone GSF Headquarters (0121 626 7970) and ask for Chris, helpful bloke. I'm buying the one available in the hope I can find another new one to match somewhere else in the future.

That's a bargain price - VW wanted about £50 a side for them, which is why I stopped my enquiries short!

When was that that they had them? I asked TPS last week and they said obsolete!

I was given a list of dealerships that were showing having them in stock, but the few I rang round actually didn't. PM me if you want the list of dealers?

I was given a list of dealerships that were showing having them in stock, but the few I rang round actually didn't. PM me if you want the list of dealers?

That's ok, I think I'm sorted now. I found the last pair in the country by the sounds of things at eurocarparts.com, it was their last pair. :)

Asked if they knew of anymore for you Alex but they did not sorry! Oh but you can buy this other one I have on order from Germany if you like it's a R/H one. You may pick a left one up elsewhere in the future. :shrug:

Well done dude, glad you got sorted - pays to be tenacious it seems!

I'll bear the R/H one in mind, going to do some more ringing around this week. I would like some nice fresh indicators, but I'm not paying £50 a side for them if you see what I mean!

I'll bear the R/H one in mind, going to do some more ringing around this week. I would like some nice fresh indicators, but I'm not paying £50 a side for them if you see what I mean!

If they were glass then fair enough but they are only plastic lenses AFAIK so £50 is a bit steep. If you find any dealers with them ask for the discount price which should get you at least 10% off or 25% if your lucky.

They are not and never have been £50 a side mate, like i said VW still have the amber/orange US spec ones and one side is £30 odd and the other is only £15 for some reason :shrug:

at least i can remove my "rare" clear ones in winter to save them from the stones and run the orange ones instead now :lol: