Sign in to follow this  
AB

corrado now on corvette wheels

some very interesting comments. i can understand your views but i am not gonna lie i am probably a bit of an E38 gimp :camp: as it was put so while loving the corrado's as you all do i also like the, how do I put it.... gimpy??? stuff as well lol

will sort some pics with a better quality

hi mate i have been so lazy they are not off yet but i will try and find you for a chat.

just a quicky

IMGP0003-1.jpg

thanks.

alot of people have different views on strech, people say its easy for the tyre to pop of etc but if this was the case why is it widely used in the drifting world where there is alot more pressure on the tyre. they use it as it gives more control mid drift due to less wall movement.

i do not drive my car very hard, i dont do track days or anything, i regularly check my pressures, and i only use top make tyres. i dont think its an ott strech i have seen alot worse, (may be the picture is a bit misleading)

its funny how you show it on one forum and not a sole from over 100 posts say it dangerous but you post somewhere else and ever other one says it is lol.

is it actually against the law? are there any reported accidents that is due to strech.

sorry for the rant!

Horse for courses. Big stretch ain't my thing and my engineering head says it doesn't look safe. I know why the drift guys do it, to lose traction easily for a good drift. This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical of it being a good thing on a road car where you want maximum grip for safety.

I'm not going to have a pop though, it's your car and you like it, that's what counts. I look forward to getting some shots of it tonight at SoVAG if you're still going.

Nick

oh dont get me wrong i am not having ago, everyone deserves an opinion and thats half the reason for having a build thread to find out what these are.

as for grip reasons i can understand but the whole cross section of the tyre is on the road and i am not intentionally trying to brake the traction.

any way appreciate all your views so please keep em coming.

horney would like you to get some as your shots come out well, would be nice to have a chat as i dont belive we have met yet even tho we are both SoVag regulars.

Loving the rims mate they look superb :D

Personally I am with you on the stretch thing I sometimes drive hard and had not had any issues but like the way they sit on the car. Legality I think it is up to the one that pulls you, its a grey area and suppose if the police fancies sure they can let y0u go or make you present a producer.

Anyway looking mint on them rims and in Horneys pics from the other night :salute:

cheers guys i am pleased, although at the mo with the weather i am cleaning them everyother day lol. thanks to horney for the top pics oh and i will get those skirts off over christmas.

just a thought as you (horney) like and are good with the camera if you and some other locals wanted to meet up for a pic shoot sometime would well be up for that at a good location!!