Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

Batteries

My G60 has had a Bosch silver on it for the last 10 years and i even fitted it on the works diesel van for a few months and it started it fine, after returning from saudi where I had been working for 2 weeks the car really struggled to start so I didn't try it again as i didnt want to kill the battery, anyway after leaving it on charge overnight I tried it again in the morning and it was still really struggling so it looks like its finally given up, I cracked the top of it off and the plates are all warped and the acid is all mucky and black, still not bad for a 10 year old battery.

So I started pricing up a replacement:

Halfords own battery (which i have had in the past and didn't last very long and had low acid level when i got it) was £86 :shock:

Motormania had a varta battery and wanted £105 :shock: :shock:

I then tried Eurocarparts and they had the standard bosch 075 for £48, not really wanting to stretch to the price of a bosch silver I decided to get a standard one, but when he brought out the battery it was actually a new bosch silver S4 :cheers:

the car now turns over much faster than it ever has.

Not sure if this was a mistake on thier part, has anyone else got a battery from ECP recently?

Had a Halfords calcium one in mine for a while now, very good starting power. And with a 4 year guarantee you cant really complain.