Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

KR and 9A fuel pump assemblies... swappable?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out whether the low mileage 9A fuel pump assembly (with all the parts) is swappable for my potentially-dying KR item. I think a lot of the parts are the same, including the filter?

VAGCAT seems to list K-Jetronic (KR) and KE-Motronic (9A?) parts under the same headings.

Any info appreciated,

Jon :salute:

no. I tried to replace it and the pumps are different sizes. I was given a pump for under the car off a kr and all the fittings are different. 9A uses a bandjo bolt and the KR uses a different method. I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure. As I've faced this problem myself. You can see in the VAGCAT.

any chance for a VAGCAT linkage? I couldn't see the difference. Cheers!

p.s. as I have both pumps, I really should just look at the both :|

This first one is a Kjet from a 9A same as mine the pump itself is nearly twice the size of the one below(can't really see from pics) also the is part 15 which is an accumulator I think.

069000-2.png

I believe this is a set up you might have which is a lot different.

068500-2.png

I'd wait for someone else to confirm or give you correct info. Best is to take a look at both pumps. 9A will be much bigger

These pics are of the two different assemblies I've come across, There is also a chance the KR is the same. I thought I could help someone out, Instead of the other way round. Looks like I can't really. LOL