VR6 South

Alloy Wheel Paint

I am trying to sort out a couple of minor scuffs on a single alloy wheel. Can anyone recommend an aerosol paint which is a good match to the original VAG silver. I have tried the Halfrauds stuff and it's too dark :(

I used AutoGlym wheel paint on my old clio wheels, its quite a light silver, not sure how it'd match VAG paint tho....

I paint wheels for a living and would recommend painting the whole alloy as opposed to painting a section of the wheel, as unless you get a colour mixed to match it will be noticeable once laquered. I'd be happy to give my opinion on any problems you might have.

One other thing if you can be arsed, let the tyre down and get the bead broken so paint gets right around the lip of the wheel. Pump the tyre up to pop it back into place.

i've just got some Audi 16" mini comps (thanks Swompy). Just need to do the rims on them - as per the thread, which paint is the closest match? I dont want to do the whole wheel, just cover the centre and prep & rub down the lip. Any advice appreciated.

Just bought some Tetrosyl Grey Primer spray - is this ok for doing (backs of) alloy wheels, with colour and lacquer on top, or should i return it?