Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

rear wheel droning and car shaking?!?

when i drive at around 20mph+ i notice a droning coming from the rear of my car, and also, when going 50mph+ the car shakes, like a wheel is wobbling (all nuts are done up), you can feel the car shaking side to side and the vibrations..

I've just had replaced...

Wishbones

Track rod ends

Bottom Ball joints

All four wheel bearings

Front engine mount

Front and Rear brake discs and pads

4 new toyo tyres (just done 1000 miles)

I think its coming from the back more then the front, on my last MOT, 2 months ago, i did get a recomendation that my rear beam bushes were on way out, could this be causing the droning and cause of wobbling??

I'm quite worried.

Neil

the rear bushes would not cause this,its bearings,severe tyre unbalance or tyres deformed/bulge or brakes grabbing on,regardless of how new the parts are they should be reinspected,as with your tyres.

i do have a problem that sometime the rear thinks the abs is kicking and locks up one of the tyres?

could this be helping the problem?

its possible the abs ring or sensor is faulty,but driving along the abs wont,cant lock up any wheel without you on the brake pedal,why not disconect the abs and have a drive to see what happens?

how would i disconnect the ABS?

I had a look at my rear breaks today and on the disc of the side where i have the abs problem you can every so slightly hear the disc catching the pad as it spins round, and there is a print of the pad where my hand brake as been on, maybe a warped disc? could this be the problem of my shaking?

yea thats a warped disc,but the only way you would know for defo is using a dial gauge to read the run out.

have you jacked up each corner and spun the wheels by hand to see if the wheels/tyres are true?