Sign in to follow this  
boost monkey

Rear beam part number issue

Hi team,

could someone go onto VAGCAT or some such, then REAR AXLE BEAM WITH ATTACHMENT PARTS and tell me what items 2, 18 and 19 are? I thought they were bearings but on the picture all the stuff to the right of the disc are the bearing items I think.

Any help appreciated, just drafted up a HUGE list of suspension bits and bobs (1 A4 page long) and trying to work out where I can get good stub axles from, VW seem to want £75 each which is a joke!

Discs and pads are easy to do, as are handbrake cables, Brake Pressure Reg is prob gonna be £££ as is it's bracket. I think apart from the mystery items I almost have a full set of parts.

Cheers,

Jon.

Number 2 is a little back plate/cover that slides onto the stub axle, about £3 quid each so worth replacing (easy to do)

18 and 19 are seperate wheel bearing parts, if you buy the wheel bearing kit....they come with that. So just go for 2x wheel bearing kits.Number 23.

Hope this helps mate.

Neil. :)

just done this on mine, replaced EVERYTHING on that page, ill dig out the receipt sometime but from memory it was just short of £300 all in. plus some other choice goodies...

Aye, it sits in the back of the disc after fitting the wheel bearing 8)

Should come with the wheel bearing kit, mine always have anywayz :cheers:

Neil.

Ah yeah, course! Done a drum beam bearings but not disc! That's the little blue or black plastic bit then! Cheers again :D

@Stoney, cheers mate that would be awesome. I think the stub axles and brake pressure reg are gonna be £££ :/