Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Motor mounts

One of my motor mounts went bad. I'm not exactly sure where its at, except that I'm pretty sure it's on the passenger side.

Anyways, it went bad, and I left my repair manual at home, and I'm apparently not welcome home anymore, which also leaves me out of a garage. Is there a way to troubleshoot to determine exactly which one? Also, what am I going to have to do to fix it, approximately how long should it take, etc. etc.? Is it possible to do this in a parking lot?

:sad: :sad:

I take it as you are in the US by passenger side you mean the right side of the car?

If so it sounds like you right rear engine mount has gone, it's best to have the car up on axle stands or ramps as you need to get to a couple of awkward bolts from underneath, you will also need to lift the engine up a bit to remove the mount and replace it, you can either use an engine lift, or a trolley jack with a block of wood across it to protect the sump but make sure you dont jack it up too far as you could damage the exhaust manifold or crush the sump.

It would probably be worth changing both of the engine mounts and the gearbox (transmission) mount, as if one has gone the rest usually follow soon after and worn mounts will put strain on the others, also check the front engine mount bracket that attaches to the top of the front engine mount for signs of cracking, which is quite common on the G60, and if it fully lets go will leave you with a nice charger shaped dent in your bonnet (hood) :lol:

Have a look on volkswagen.msk.ru for a manual if you can't get to yours.