Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Weitec Ultra GT suspension...anyone used/got it?

As above really chaps...think I'm going to go for the Weitec Ultra GT suspension (not coilovers) and I was wondering if anyone has it fitted to their VR6? If so what do they think, or do they have an informed opinion about someone else's car with this suspension fitted? :confused4:

Also, if I'm buying this 'kit' (about £270ish last time I checked) is there anything else that doesn't cost bucks that I should also replace at the same time? Top mounts, wheel bearings etc etc

Cheers!

Mic_VR does of did have it on his, think he was fairly impressed. You should be able to get them for around £230ish... i've just got the GTN kit (coilover front) from G-werks for £285.

Dont forget to factor in the cost of new bolts and mounts as well

Dont forget to factor in the cost of new bolts and mounts as well

Cheers for the headsup dude, I'll see if I can get 'em for a bit cheaper. What new bolts do I need?! I take it by mounts, you mean top mounts at the rear and front? :confused4:

Cheers!

If you're not going for coilovers then you really should factor in new rubber / bolts all round. Bump stops, top mounts, and all the other nuts and bolts etc needed to build up the shocks. If you go to VW for all the bits, expect another £200 on top just for that lot... it's worth it though as you know you can fit it and forget about it as it'll be good for years to come.

Don't suppose anyone's got the list of parts I need? Dont really need part numbers, but if I walk into VW with a complete list of parts (top mounts, bolts, bumpstops etc) that WONT be in the kit then at least I won't get my pants pulled down.

Cheers!

We can supply you with all the parts needed if you require. You will also need the top plates (the section inbetween the spring and the top mount also to use the ultra gt kit on a later car) the are inexpensive items though but worth considering as it will catch you out when you go to fit them on a weekend.

D.