Sign in to follow this  
t4slc

h&r coils not low enough???

I've had the issue with the rear coilovers since i got them. I've drove the car for about 6000km's now so they should be broken in. Last week i had the coilovers over cranked (adjuster was just above the threads) and made the car unbearable to drive and bouncy. Today I've toke the rear coils off again cleaned them and adjusted them about 5mm less then max setting (end of the threads). The car is no longer bouncy :D

What I've noticed is that the rears cant go lower. I can still put good 4 fingers between the tire and wheel arch. I know some people on here have identical h&r as me and have the car lower then me. How come is this? Did i miss something? Any infromation would be helpful!

this may sound stupid?? but have you turned the adjusters the right way, when i had my H&R coilovers on my last car i lowered them all the way down once, and the tyre was completly in the rear arch.

im sure of it. i have the thing cranked all the way to the top! still nothing

this is how it sits at the moment:

everything is held down with a nut.

100_2551.jpg

100_2548.jpg

and i've got the adjusted almost all the way...

100_2550.jpg

unless i have to adjust downward this should lower the car lol.

I've followed the benthly bible and have all the mounts in place starting from number 13 to number 11. Exect the spacer is inserted in the middle of the mount

106100.png

theres your problem, you need to lower the platform to lower your car, The way you have set the platform on the coilover now means you are at maximum height!