Mawrick

Just thought I'd whore the rado in here.....:)

A bit earlier this year I picked up this Brombeer 95 VR6 from Stockholm - Sweden, it's a bit hard to start, but haven't been able to go over it properly yet.......drove it about 1000 km from Stockholm to Bergen - Norway.

The pics are quite bad, as I haven't taken any pics of it myselfe yet, but this is how it looked while it was still swedish...:)

corrado011.jpg?t=1267390141

corrado012.jpg?t=1267390142

corrado013.jpg?t=1267390142

Funny story about this car though, was never sold as a new car as it was in use by Volkswagen themselves, according to VW Automuseum (long story short, due to registration in Norway, I tried to find a first date for registration in Germany, wich doesn't seem to exsist, as VW doesn't register these cars on a "normal" german plate).

It got pretty much all equipment, besides leather. It got sunroof, AC, double airbags etc, and it's done about 119000 Km, and got a full service record.

Gona do the chain replacement before I register it in Norway, so it most likely will be sitting until next summer...:) (Not planning on using it on norwegian SALTY roads during winter time....:) )

Nice car, that's blackberry in english I think!

Why does it have an odd (and bigger?) wheel on the rear in one of the pics? dragster look? :lol:

haha, yea it seem to be a dragster, actually drove it like this back (worked ok), but it's now back on stock speedlines, as the borbets are on my Passat VR....:)

and yes, it's the blackberry (the pics doesn't do a very good job showing it...lol)

Looks really nice mate. Rather odd-looking steering wheel ?? Never seen those before, and also didn't know that the rado ever came with airbags, or was it just in Norway ?

Naa, this one is originaly German (or atleast used by vw in Germany), before it came to Sweden in 1995, then I brought it to Norway this year, but one of the last I guess, and got double airbag, that's why the steering wheel looks odd....lol...:)

The Corrado I think was never sold new in Norway, due to high prices (the taxes on a car here is MAD), this one costs quite a bit to import too, but always wanted one, so ......:) (might be 1 or 2 was sold new in Norway, but not more than that I guess).

just as a side note, was quite funny driving it from Stockholm, only saw one other Corrado on the 1000+ Km we drove....lol...:)

Many Raddo's over there. Im doing some work in Stavanger and saw one there.

Yea, there is quite a few G60 going around in Norway (well, not that many actually but), but VR6's are quite rare here.....just thought it was a bit funny with the 1000+ km drive and one other rado.....but I know they aren't *that* rare....;)

Nice car and spec, looks like you have the gauges in the lower centre console too. Theres a thread on here with the corrado colours listeed, have a search.

That's definately blackberry. The purple you're on about though is a very cool colour though! Any idea what that was called?

Thnx for comments, yea it is def blackberry (from paint code), but I think maybe the pics doesn't make it come out just right (it's the former owner who have taken them, as I haven't been able to just yet), will get back with some more pics later, just i prosess of washing/claying(polishing/waxing etc........:)

thnx, guess it's the light...:) (atleast seem to differ a lot in different light conditions, but like that about it...;) )

I thought that was blackberry to start with, but those more recent pics show it in a better light! Are we sure that isn't the 'special' purple we didn't get over here in the UK?

Nice looking Rado all the same :)

hehe, naa it's most deff blackberry....:)

cut out from mail I got from VW Automuseum:

"Model: Corrado VR6

Colour: S4 brombeer metallic (blackberry)

Date of manufacture: December 13th, 1994"

Guess it's the lighting that does it.....lol...:)

Thought I should throw in a little update, just recently got it out of it's winter hideouts, starting to wonder what I have gotten myselfe into here.......lol

DSC_2928.jpg?t=1241034490

DSC_2930.jpg?t=1241034489

DSC_2921.jpg?t=1241034488

Engine ready for cleanup, chain replacement, and maybe a new head gasket, and doing the "top"..

DSC_2923.jpg?t=1241034487

Ready for blasting and coating:

DSC_2924.jpg?t=1241034486

Nice to see this, will watch your progress with interest. :clap:

Will be well worth the effort and cost when its done, you have a stunningly pretty car, and very special as well with having factory fitted airbags :notworthy:

thnx, will take some time though, so not sure I get it "road" ready this summer, but anyway will hopefully finnish it during summer........ready for next summer (taxes on it will go down by roughly £1000 next year also so might want to hold on doing it road legal in Norway...;) )

Might end up going to Germany to get some of the oem parts as the local stealership have crazy prices.......(a bit under £300 for the 3 engine mounts)...;)

Thought Corrado ownership was expensive in the UK, the tax over there is extortion and dealer prices a rip off, you definately need a cheaper source for parts :shock: