jamin

Jamin's 'Ferrado' VR6

Some good photos there Jamin, makes me wanna go again. I can't wait for the 25th Anniversary meet (if there is one) as the 20th was such a blast.

The Speedlines look really good, I'm running them on my VR atm too, bog standard is the new stretch! 8)

Ok, so its only been a year (and some) since my last post, but I have finally fitted my BBS RC's that I got from Holland last year.

I have fitted them with 195x40 Conti 2's, slight amount stretch, I am really happy with them. Although the car now sits VERY low, but looks cool, which is the main thing right!?

I have 5mm spacers on the rear currently, but they are going on the front, and I intend to go a little further out on the rear soon (~10-15mm).

Car had its MOT last week and passed fine, no advisories either! :-)

I took some nice pics last night in town, they came out rather well, I thought I would share them!

Love the photos. Looks absolutely stunning :)

RCs are one of the best on any car. Are they 16 or 17s?

Cheers for the comments, they are BBS RC322 16x7.5 and I got them new from a guy in Holland so they are not refurbed and they have the lovely OE finish to them (it seems brighter than silver, but not quite polished if that makes sense).

I fitted a 50mm front spoiler in preparation for these as the overall diameter is alot less than the standard 205x50x15 setup!

Looks awesome..I keep telling myself that it doesnt matter that i have a few stone chips here and there, its my daily and I want to enjoy it by driving it so im bound to pick up a few nicks to the paint blah blah blah..but then i see these pics and remeber how awesome ABP paint looks when its super clean. Very nice!

There's plenty of dents/chips/scratches on my car, believe me, the evening light makes it look alot nicer than it really is. But yes, the last time I polished it was over a year ago, just a quick wash and it comes up so nice, not bad for 18 year old paint.

It does spend most of its life in the garage now though...

That makes me feel a lot better..once ive fitted my KWs this weekend I'm going to give the old girl a good clean!

Superb! As Jay said, just one of those wheels that works so well on a Corrado!

Thanks Jim, I am really happy with them, especially as they 16s and the right PCD/Offset etc.

I remember seeing a couple of Corrado's at VW Festival about 10 years ago with them on, in fact I stumbled across a picture I had taken at the time, I knew with careful tyre choice (for a little stretch) and some small amount of spacing it would look great.

The wheels are a timeless classic, just the like 'rado!

still one of the best alloys for a corrado EVER and i can say that as i have had 3 sets off them, and currently have 3 singles sitting in the shed and looking for one single to buy.

still one of the best alloys for a corrado EVER and i can say that as i have had 3 sets off them, and currently have 3 singles sitting in the shed and looking for one single to buy.

Hehehe, 3 sets, thats just greedy! I am almost tempted to get a set for winter wheels though... ;-)

Its been a few years since I last posted on here, and its been over 2 years since I last used my Corrado. I had an intermittent starting issue with it around August 2013 and that with a combination of the birth of our 2nd child meant the C got stowed away in the garage...until a few weeks ago.

I've managed to fix the issue, which was ECU related and last weekend I actually drove the car onto the drive way and gave it a much needed clean. I had plans on selling it, but now its working again and having been back on the forum my enthusiasm for it has returned, I bought the car way back in 1999, and this could be the 3rd wave of changes I make!

The car has no MOT/Tax/Insurance, but I don't fancy doing this just to drive it during the winter, so I might wait until next year now, and maybe plan some improvements. I'm thinking engine rebuild and paint perhaps, we'll see.

For now, here is how it looks (with a little POP from google photos, but the paint is very shiny!!!):

attachment.php?attachmentid=82384&d=1443173321

The BBS RC's still look sweet, but I have my eye on some Schmidt Modern Lines, I need to itch that 9*16 look....

Fantastic looking motor! Some really good cars coming out of the woodwork at the moment

Its amazing how good a preservative garage dust is! Hahahaa.

Its been a few years since I last posted on here, and its been over 2 years since I last used my Corrado. I had an intermittent starting issue with it around August 2013 and that with a combination of the birth of our 2nd child meant the C got stowed away in the garage...until a few weeks ago.

I've managed to fix the issue, which was ECU related and last weekend I actually drove the car onto the drive way and gave it a much needed clean. I had plans on selling it, but now its working again and having been back on the forum my enthusiasm for it has returned, I bought the car way back in 1999, and this could be the 3rd wave of changes I make!

The car has no MOT/Tax/Insurance, but I don't fancy doing this just to drive it during the winter, so I might wait until next year now, and maybe plan some improvements. I'm thinking engine rebuild and paint perhaps, we'll see.

For now, here is how it looks (with a little POP from google photos, but the paint is very shiny!!!):

attachment.php?attachmentid=82384&d=1443173321

The BBS RC's still look sweet, but I have my eye on some Schmidt Modern Lines, I need to itch that 9*16 look....

Doesn't look like it needs paint - very shiny

Doesn't look like it needs paint - very shiny

Oh its shiny - where there's paint! The front is peppered in stone chips and there is the odd dent here and there.

I'd like to remove the rubbing strips for a cleaner look, but part of one side got resprayed years ago (before I had it) and they didn't remove the strips so the lacquer is peeling near where they masked. Annoying.

So....my car never made it onto the road in 2016, managed to get it to the MOT station, but then it refused to start completely. Ended up getting it low-loaded back home, and there it sat in my garage...until a few weeks ago.

I took the car to AutoShack in Bredfield, they had a good look at it and ended up replacing the fuel filter and non-return valve as it wasnt holding pressure - it seems now that the issues are fixed and now the car is MOT'd (passed with flying colours) and taxed for the summer :-)

The other good news is that they ran a compression test on the engine, and the numbers are bang on, which made me even happier!

Cleaned it up at the weekend, the original paint just keeps looking great!

I've got a massive list of things that need doing, but first is to get the stereo and speakers updated, along with giving the interior a damn good clean.

So nice to drive this car one more!

Looks lovely!

Very jealous you're going to make the summer months... mine is now looking like a huge job, so I might just make the tail end if I pull my finger out :(

Looks lovely!

Very jealous you're going to make the summer months... mine is now looking like a huge job, so I might just make the tail end if I pull my finger out :(

Thanks - its been garaged for 4 years so its well overdue! Good luck with yours!