Sign in to follow this  
KipVR

Last of the Headlights?

I picked up a passenger headlight today from my local dealers, the parts guy whom I know quite well (I own a Corrado after all :? ) told me it was that there were only two passenger ones left at the factory. I don't know if they will be obsolete after this but thought I'd mention it. I'm off to purchase some protectors once I've finished paying off the mortgage for my new light!

I strongly suggest picking up some of shawshankkids headlight lens protectors.. they're a great fit and will save you the heartache of trashing £140 worth of obsolete headlight!!

Too right Jim!! They are on my list, just have to wait until payday, it's been a very expensive month for the Corrado...

So true, I wonder how much money I would have saved if I had never bought it in the first place,

Still, it seems worse when you haven't driven it for a year!

I picked up a passenger headlight today from my local dealers, the parts guy whom I know quite well (I own a Corrado after all :? ) told me it was that there were only two passenger ones left at the factory. I don't know if they will be obsolete after this but thought I'd mention it. I'm off to purchase some protectors once I've finished paying off the mortgage for my new light!

Was this for the whole headlight unit or just the lense?

That was for a whole headlight unit. A new lens is 'just' £20 ish, I think they will be available still.

That was for a whole headlight unit. A new lens is 'just' £20 ish, I think they will be available still.

Going by the prices I've paid for some parts lately, £20 each will be a welcome relief!!

I got a pair of early headlights new from TPS for around £135 inc Vat. I think they were the last pair at the factory as I asked for availability on more pairs and he said they only had R/H headlights left! The discounted price was bizarre £157 each to something like £58 each!!

Need to send a cheque sent for some protectors soon!