Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Cursed! UPDATE: Bonnet open, chuffed :D

was all set to fit my brakes today, but everything is seized :(

gave up and fitted bmc instead, easy life. Started car and was about to back out of garage when i noticed fuel really gushing out from the back of car. Ran around and turned it off, tried to open bonnet but now thats decided to get stick. I've broke the grill already and the nipple that holds the cable has come off the end so the cable now pokes out through the grill opening

nightmare :(

lol no its just been in my garage for a week.

once i get bonnet open and fix the fuel leak enough to get it to the garage i'm going to get them to fit brakes and check out all the fuel lines. am sick of it now :(

Thats a sickner. It seems with C's that once you get one niggle sorted another one comes along. Don't worry, once youve got your new brakes on you will soon forget about it.

UPDATE:

chilled out and bit and had a think, but with the aircon thingy at bottom of engine there's no way to get to the latch from underneath.

i could squeeze my very thin hands through the gap between headlight and radiator :!:! and touch the latch but that was all then it stuck me :lol:

dug this out, its from the door pull mech..

DSC01193.jpg

put it in gap, looped over latch and pulled and it opened :D

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

sacrificied my badgeless grill but am sure i can get another one

to bump an old thread, I can open my bonnet, however the passenger side always sticks. To open it i either need 2 people or have to wrap the seatbelt round the handle. then when i push the bonnet it opens straight away. It seems that the release lever is a bit stiff and just catches the bonnet pin. Has anyone had this happen before and any hints on fixing it. I Have tried adjusting it but anymore and the bonnet won't shut.

it could be the stretch on the cable, or the cable is threaded wrong, i think i fitted mine wrong the 1st time around and thats why it got stuck this time

to bump an old thread, I can open my bonnet, however the passenger side always sticks. To open it i either need 2 people or have to wrap the seatbelt round the handle. then when i push the bonnet it opens straight away. It seems that the release lever is a bit stiff and just catches the bonnet pin. Has anyone had this happen before and any hints on fixing it. I Have tried adjusting it but anymore and the bonnet won't shut.

This is always an issue when the cable either stretches or has been adjusted. Its a bit of trial and error, but make sure the locking arms (fixed to the slam panel) are properly oiled so that they move as freely as possible. The passenger side one moves a lot less than the drivers side, in any case. Pull the cable through the adjusting collar 'too much' and tighten it up. Close the bonnet, you will find that one side will not lock. Loosen the collar and let the cable return a few mm. Tighten and try again. You'll get there after a few trials. Unfortunately. there will never be the case that you only need to pull the handle a short way and it releases - the opening mechanism is too clever for its own good.

yer i had the same problem when i put my new engine in! the bonet release rod wasnt set correct to i did the exact same as u bro i used my dads tile paste gun thing ad realy bent the end, got underneath and un hooked it!

i get problems wee after week, iv had to replace my bat today but its just another thats been renewed to the next step to a perfect corrado!

Think of it that way!

all the best pal, hope all goes well with fixing it :)

yer i had the same problem when i put my new engine in! the bonet release rod wasnt set correct to i did the exact same as u bro i used my dads tile paste gun thing and really bent the end, got underneath and un hooked it!

i get problems week after week, iv had to replace my bat today but its just another thats been renewed to the next step to a perfect corrado!

Think of it that way!

all the best pal, hope all goes well with fixing it :)