Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

Rust spots

Got a few small rust bubbles that need sorted.

They are on the drivers wing, panel below the number plate and just in front of the drivers rear wheel below the rubber trim.

I have a quote of £ 400 to get those areas resprayed which includes the bonnet(stone chips) and sunroof(got hit with a stone when tilted).

I'm just afraid about the paint matching.

Any of you guys got it done or have any advice???

PS: Know any good scrappers to get corrado parts on the cheap??

ive had loads paint done to my corrado mate, ill will look fine the pant will match,the paints are made up on a computer by putting in the colours unique code!!!

You'll never get a 100% perfect match -yes I know the paints are measured out on computer, but you will always be a minute fraction off, and it usually shows in different light conditions.

Also, new paint on a car looks different to the older paint, which has been exposed to sunlight etc.

Try Chips-Away got them to do a bit of rust by my rear corrado badge and they touch other little areas too bit on spoiler and roof for around £80 inc VAT.

Did bag up job to, damn good match as they tailor it to the car from the basic paint code.

As he showed me there was actually three shades of the same paint code fo my car. As VW update them every so often. Due to raw materials changing so they have to alter the amounts of colours that make up the final one.

£400 sounds a bit OTT. I have had a quote to fix up a bit of rust, bubblung and panel work for around £100. Came recommended too and I've seen their other work which is good.

By comparison, I've not found anywhere in the south east where you can get a respray of *any* dimensions done for less than £200, so I'd say £400 for the bonnet, rear quarter panel, driver's wing, sunroof AND the front bumper is not so bad.

I'm assuming here that they are actually planning to respray, and not just "touch up". The rust at least will need to be scrubbed and treated before a proper respray can be done, cos otherwise it'll just come back next year...