Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

Dash problem

Hi

I know its not a corrado but it does have similar stuff to a corrado so i thought id post it in here

went to adjust the side mirrors on a b4 passaat and all the gauges that were working all of a sudden stopped

needless to say the electric mirrr didnt work either, so now , no rev counter, no speedo, no odometer, no mfa , no temp gauge and no fuel gauge as well as no warning lights. Is it possible i have blown a fuse , as the clock seems to work as well as the illumination lights. its like as if the car is switched off , not showing any gauges working, but the clock is still active. i hope its a fuse otherwise it may be the dash out lol.

strange thing is though, i can operate the leccy windows by using the key, ie i turn the key a certain way in the drivers door and all 4 windows come down and then up when i lock it.

thers nothing like an ignition signal wire is there telling the dash etc that the engine is running?

Knackered ignition switch? Normally affects corrados by stopping them from starting, but can imagine them failing in other ways too.

Hi

Together with the other relays i guess.

Please put up a picture of the relayfusebox. The x-relay is normally with a large 18 on it.

thanks for the responses so far, it was in fact a fuse that had blown on the fusebox, which seemed a lot for one 1 fuse to affect all them things!

cheers guys