Sign in to follow this  
JMC

G-Lader geeks needed

Ok folks, I'm looking for some proper technical information about specifications of the G-lader (flow rates, speeds they spin at in relation to the rpm of the engine etc, the effect of stage 1 and stage 4 porting on flow rates, effects of different pulley size, efficiency, etc, etc). Basically the more the merrier about how these things work would be great, and there must be some VW technical information out there :D, but I can't find it :(

Bring on the geeks :dorky:

Ok folks, I'm looking for some proper technical information about specifications of the G-lader (flow rates, speeds they spin at in relation to the rpm of the engine etc, the effect of stage 1 and stage 4 porting on flow rates, effects of different pulley size, efficiency, etc, etc). Basically the more the merrier about how these things work would be great, and there must be some VW technical information out there :D, but I can't find it :(

Bring on the geeks :dorky:

Not a huge amount out there I am afraid.

Flow rates have only been modelled by BBM at Stage 4 as part of a CNC milled stage 4 process but they wont release the figures, other stage porting jobs are done by hand so its just guess work anyway. Marketing gumpf and a video here

The charger vs engine RPM is again a little guesswork but there is a table here that gives pulley size to charger RPM at 6000 rpm engine speed.

Max charger RPM is quoted as 10,000 by VW in the G60 self study guide (IIRC) but as you can see they will run a lot quicker than that. As for efficiency the charger is designed to be most efficient at low-mid RPM the faster you turn it the more energy is required to do so for less effect due to friction.

Cheers guys. I'll watch that vid again Leon - been ages since I saw it. Also thanks Yan, I'll take a look at those.

Annoying there seems to be some technical plots on G-lader performance on here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3731903&page=1 about 3/4 the way down but I can't get them to be anything other than thumbnails :(

Cheers Nino - time to start using Babelfish again I think :lol:

I did find some info after trawling through the VW Vortex site around efficiency, and flow rates, and the effects of porting on flow rate. To be honest though it's difficult to get to the source of where these numbers came from, so I'm not sure how much is pub talk and how much is real....