Sign in to follow this  
nathan.g4

Expansion Tank

I was just wondering, Can you use any other VW expansion tanks on the Corrado as mine is disgustingly dirty and i would like a new one :shrug:

you could get a alloy one made up... I think some companies already do them, I got one for my charge cooler header tank that looks pretty sweet will put up some images when it is in.

they're a bit complex to expect a dishwasher to get them sparkling. just buy a new one.

hmm, where have i heard that before... oh, on the other 372 expansion tank threads on here :hitler:

Just go and buy a new one.. approx £10 for a pattern one - 3-4x that for a new / genuine VAG one.

hmm, where have i heard that before... oh, on the other 372 expansion tank threads on here :hitler:

People will start suggesting that 'Boost Monkey' is actually just a shill account that I use to deflect attention away from 'VR6' :lol:

Get a MK4 expansion tank. Minimal mods required and you get the bonus of a MUCH nicer cap, which click locks.

As you probably know, the VR6 one needs pliers to undo!

Kk thanks guys cheesewire what sort of mods you talking about for the mk4 tank . Sorry boost monkey :norty: i did search expansion tanks before i made this thread :p

As you probably know, the VR6 one needs pliers to undo!

What are you some sort of weakling! :D Id have thought you would have had forearms of steel with all that torque steer :wink:

Hope that didnt sound like flirting :lol:

I was just wondering, Can you use any other VW expansion tanks on the Corrado as mine is disgustingly dirty and i would like a new one :shrug:

Hi

Before you remove the old one, check that the electrical connector fits the new one.

I had fun and games with one i bought from GSF.