Sign in to follow this  
krnau

[Cruise Control] wasn't here any tempomat DIY ?

I think I found it some day before, but have been doing search again and can't manage to find it again...

No Corrado had Cruise. Steve Reid's TDI Corrado has, but only because it had the clocks and everything transplanted.

For petrol cruise, you need drive by wire or a stepper motor controlled throttle.

my manual talks about cruise control in the corrado, meant to be on the LHS stalk by steering wheel, not sure which had it fitted though?

Corrado's cruise uses a vac based system as it's not drive by wire - all the parts are on ETKA and doesn't look too hard to retrofit providing you can get all the bits, I know Yan was looking at this for his G60

I take it back then, cheers Steve. Might work on the G60 but I can't see how a basic vacuum system will work on the VR?

the vacuum actuates in the accelerator and brake pedals

maybe...

I have no idea, sorry. Anyway I found a DIY some time ago, it seemd to be an afternoon work, but not much more...

I have it on mine, it was fitted when i bought it but the control stalk and vacuum feed had been removed, bought a new stalk off ebay and got it working, it automatically shuts off if you touch the brake, the clutch, if the revs rise quickly or when you touch the reset button.

It's great for fuel economy on a long journey, and stops my knee locking up, which i have had since being knocked off a motorbike years ago.

As said above it works from a vacuum system.

There are some available on German ebay but if they will fit a RHD Corrado i am not sure. I know the Passat, Corrado, Mk2/Mk3 Golf all used the same Cruise Control system (just different control stalks depending on model and year).

Here are some pics of what i bought of eBay when i fitted it to my Mk3 GTI a few years ago

fb_1.jpg

aa_1.jpg

67_1.jpg

4d_1_b.jpg

As you can see the vacuum unit controls the actual accelerator pedal and there are switches on the clutch and brake pedal that disengage the system when pressed. Prob some points i have missed but the system is straight forward! ;)

Wasn't there an article in a really early copy of Sprinter about somebody sourcing original parts and installing it?

I'd have a look through mine if I wasn't in Saudi.