Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

headlining removal

i want to take my headlining out to retrim it, ive looked on the knowledge base but cant find anything, so help much appreciated.

what do i need to do to get the all of it out sunroof trim and all the bits plus the main headlining itself, also how do the a,b and c pillars come out

cheers

Ash

I'm sure there's a guide. Try looking for removing sunroof, or fitting moon roof or something.

I could tell you how to do it, but it'll take me a while.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

I've tried looking for the guide I used and can't find it, so here goes...

Remove sunvisors, passenger side has wires for the light running into the headlinging, pull them out slightly and unplug.

Remove grab handle on passenger side.

Remove interior light and sunroof motor cover.

Remove coat hanger hooks by pulling the rubber cover up and off and unscrewing the metal section.

Remove rear seat bases.

Remove rear quarter panels.

Undo front seat belts from B pillar, making sure that the belt does not retract fully.

Remove B pillar covers (screws mid way down sliding section) adjuster knob can be removed by pulling it away from the B pillar.

Remove parcel shelf supports

Remove rear seat belts from C pillars making sure belt does not retract fully

Remove C pillar covers

At this point you should have the A pillar covers, the sunroof hole surround and the plastic trims above the front and rear screens holding the headlining in. Best to grab a mate now to help lift the fragile headling out.

Remove the A pillar trims, remove the rubbery sunroof hole surround by bulling it inwards, then while someone holds the headlinging in place remove the rear trim.

The rear roof trim, the rear quarter panel and the A and the C pillar trims are fitted with push fittings, so can be pulled off.

This is all off the top of my head, so isn't hugely detailed and could be missing a few steps.

You'll need a flat bladed screw driver, a phillips screw driver, a 19mm or a 17mm socket or spanner.

Yup, pretty much what Toady said!

I found that I didn't have to completely remove any of the A-B-C pillar trims when I was removing mine. It was simply enough to unbolt the seatbelt attachments from the B-C pllar trims and pull the top half of the trim out.

The coat hooks also seem a bit tricky when you first look at them. But aren't really too bad. Just push the top edge of the hook in towards the B-pillar trim and with a bit of force the bottom edge should pop out. Then the plastic cover can be slid off upwards to reveal the screw that holds the bracket on.

I'm not sure if you have an early or late spec interior. But for the early. The sunroof motor cover / interior light panel, removes by poping the black light panel out with a flat head screwdriver. This should reveal two screws that secure the sunroof motor panel. With these removed, push the panel towards the front of the car and it should release.

Yep /\

You can just "unhook" the various surrounding trims and leave them hanging there. Then just carefully ease the lining out through the tailgate opening. The only trim you need to remove completely is the one at the back at the aerial end.

I strongly recommend buying new clips for all the trims concerned as they usually break when pulling them off.

Yeah, especially the rear quarter panels. I luckily have a supply of corrados to snuffle fixings from :)

cheers guys will have a go when ive got some time and can use a mates unit if the weather stays poop

does the sunroof panel just pop off once the headlining is out as need to trim that aswell as thats the bit that has come away so i took it off completely as it was flaping on my head lol

ill take loads of pics so if the mods want them they can use it for a how to

cheers

Ash

does the sunroof panel just drop out once the headlining is down?

cheers fella asked about a price for covering as if cheap enough and good job may not try myself lol

Ash