Sign in to follow this  
VR6ish

squeeky noise and milage--HELP

hi guys,

just joined the site coz ive just bought a vr6 :) it's full loaded but has 174,000.. driven it over 100 miles and appears to drive ok but there is an annoying squeeking noise when i drive at slow speeds :( ...how can i sort this out? wd40? but where do i put it??

The car is lowered and the noise seems to be coming from near the wheels??

174, with service history, how much more life has it got left?

Pictures coming asap.......

Thanks,

VR6ish

you need to be a bit more specific so we can help you buddy - front/rear wheels? does it happen all the time at low speeds, only when turning? etc.............

could be your brakes, but then it could also be lots of things...

possibly best to start at the brakes. chances are wd40 won't help things much! if you're not mechanically minded, get a friend who is to help you out

haha...cheers mate. im taking the car down to a mates garage on friday for him to look at....

The car is lowered on 17" rims with no arch space.....not sure if the squeeking is due to the preasure on the parts coz the car is so low. when i accelerate above 15 mph there isnt any squeeking and car runs fine.

I've got a feeling its joints or part rubbing together........its also coming from the back wheels.......i just want it to sound smooth when crusing...rather than squeeking along the road :(.....please help!

hey lads....just got the car sorted...the rear breaks were seized up so had to get them replaced. Car is now rolling smooth :)........

Anyone got a corrado over 174,oooK????? is it still running smooth?

P.S. i also had an oil service done at the same time :)

hey lads....just got the car sorted...the rear breaks were seized up so had to get them replaced. Car is now rolling smooth :)........

Anyone got a corrado over 174,oooK????? is it still running smooth?

P.S. i also had an oil service done at the same time :)

VR6ish Welcome to the forum and good to meet you the other day.

Very tidy looking C you've got, the interior is sweet, nice contrast to the exterior colour. You need to get some photos up so people can see your baby.

I'll give you a shout when I next head to a meet or show.

No reason why the VR shouldn't do over 200k miles really, at 174k tho it might be worth finding out if the timing chains/tensioners have been replaced. But at the same time, there are some on here who've not had them replaced (myself included, mine's on 110k) and they're still going strong.

It's like the old saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it.

Get some pics up and welcome to the forum!