Sign in to follow this  
Tedb

Fuel Issue 16V 2.0l

Over the last few months I'm finding it increasingly difficult to move off in first gear or stay at a seady slow speed in first or second gear without the car shunting like mad, I cannot keep the car going at a slow steady pace in traffic, it jumps like mad and I'm wondering if this is a fuel related issue. Clutch seem fine, had a new one fitted 6 months ago. After hearing a buzzing noise from the fuel pump I replaced both the main fuel pump and the in tank pump a couple of weeks ago. I'm planning to replace the ISV next as it's never been replaced, I've cleaned it a couple of times but never thought it did much good. Car starts perfectly and idles fine once it has warmed up, cold sart valve seems to work fine too. Fuel economy is very poor despite a recent service. Acceleration is poor until your foot is down a 1/2 inch or so on the accelerator, there seems to be a dead spot when you first press the accelerator. Thought it might be engine or gearbox mountings but if it was either one of those it would be jumpy in all gears, right? which it's not, it's getting very difficult to drive in traffic.

Any ideas?

Cheers