Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

16v Question!1

Ive just brought a 16v!! its really really nice to drive but the revs dont seem 2 drop like normal ie when changin gear they dont really drop much between gear change. and when they do its slow?? Any ideas what this could be??

check the throttle cable is free and returning the butterflys to closed, the cable take a sharp bend and over the years wears quite badly inside. They should be perfectly smooth and easy to operate if in good nick.

Could also be a sticky Idle control, valve (ISV)

check the throttle cable is free and returning the butterflys to closed, the cable take a sharp bend and over the years wears quite badly inside. They should be perfectly smooth and easy to operate if in good nick.

Could also be a sticky Idle control, valve (ISV)

i will hav a look at the cable! what does the ISV look like?? They easy 2 replace? thanks

i will hav a look at the cable! what does the ISV look like?? They easy 2 replace? thanks

use the search, lots of posts and info on this and cleaning it.

use the search, lots of posts and info on this and cleaning it.

Thanks i will take it off and clean it in some petrol! :D

hi mate ive just looked at your location mate stowmarket????? is yours the j reg c?? i live in stowupland ??

slightly random i know but i just saw it haha

cheers liam

na liam its my one

soz youve got a problem with it already i just thought that was just a kr thing

hopefully its nothin 2 bad! When did ya last check coolant!lol i had 2 top her up 2day!

hi mate ive just looked at your location mate stowmarket????? is yours the j reg c?? i live in stowupland ??

cheers liam

hi ya m8 yeah i no who ya r!lol Ive gotta blue clio slammed on black wheels! I always give a pip if i c ya!lol :D

na liam its my one

hopefully its nothin 2 bad! When did ya last check coolant!lol i had 2 top her up 2day!

huh :shrug: :roll: confused lol think its just me lol

so whos got the problem ?? hows your c ash or have you sold it ?? really confused now lol

cheers liam

hi ya m8 yeah i no who ya r!lol Ive gotta blue clio slammed on black wheels! I always give a pip if i c ya!lol :D

yeh i saw ya the other night in combs, clio williams ?? right and you work at the kitchen place on saxum street corner ?? i actually parked next to in thatchams walk ? lol small world so how long have you had a corrado then or have you not got one ??

na liam its my one

huh :shrug: :roll: confused lol think its just me lol

so whos got the problem ?? hows your c ash or have you sold it ?? really confused now lol

He sold it 2 me!!!

oh really thats a really clean c too with the borbets on or the origianals? if u got any probs wiv it just giv us a shout im not far away lol :lol: :lol: :wave:

easy fix - its not the ISV mate, take the throttle body off and clean it out (brake cleaner) clean the butterfly carefully take your time. clean both inner and outer sides then use WD40 and work the butterfly so it moves freely. also WD40 the cable holder....work this also....then refit.....and it should fly......

i had the same problem with mine, soon as i cleaned it out.......it was like a rocket.....moving freely...you got to realize 17years of dirt, things will jam up.

lets us know how you get on.

bob

oh really thats a really clean c too with the borbets on or the origianals? if u got any probs wiv it just giv us a shout im not far away lol :lol: :lol: :wave:

what a ledgend!! Yours looks nice m8 just like my old G60 i think?? I got it with standard wheels.

U work at keradges??

easy fix - its not the ISV mate, take the throttle body off and clean it out (brake cleaner) clean the butterfly carefully take your time. clean both inner and outer sides then use WD40 and work the butterfly so it moves freely. also WD40 the cable holder....work this also....then refit.....and it should fly......

i had the same problem with mine, soon as i cleaned it out.......it was like a rocket.....moving freely...you got to realize 17years of dirt, things will jam up.

lets us know how you get on.

bob

Dam you no your stuff thank you very much i will give that a go! Think i can manage that! Not 2 good under the bonnet!lol

haha cheers. yeh i do that was the same agua blue j reg right if it was i saw it in old newton ?? youve downgraded to our level lol any reason y you sold your g?

haha cheers. yeh i do that was the same agua blue j reg right if it was i saw it in old newton ?? youve downgraded to our level lol any reason y you sold your g?

Mine was H reg! I had 2 so i could buy a house! :( Is yours a 1.8 16v??

putting the house first ohhh rockie error car wins no comp lol :lol: mines a 2.0 16v soov to be a 1.8 modded :D have you still got the clio then ? i was tempted to give you a poke the other day down tescos hill but had no fuel haha you mates got the pimp 205 hasnt he ? love that car .

putting the house first ohhh rockie error car wins no comp lol :lol: mines a 2.0 16v soov to be a 1.8 modded :D have you still got the clio then ? i was tempted to give you a poke the other day down tescos hill but had no fuel haha you mates got the pimp 205 hasnt he ? love that car .

LOL i cant live in car! yeah the clio is 4 sale. Its my bro in the 205 lol

the back seats in the corrado are actually guite comphy and the boot space would make a fantastic diner !! :wink: oh i c didnt know still ace looking car see it soo much now i now lol. if you get stuck with the valver and throttle body just drop me a line .

liam c u around now i can race you !" :wave: :lol:

the back seats in the corrado are actually guite comphy and the boot space would make a fantastic diner !! :wink: oh i c didnt know still ace looking car see it soo much now i now lol. if you get stuck with the valver and throttle body just drop me a line .

liam c u around now i can race you !" :wave: :lol:

Lol yeah my bro is always about! I wont hav corrado on road till i sell clio. Hav 2 meet up when i do! gotta sort out some wheels or re spray mine!! :D

yeh defiantly been wanting to see ashes/ your car for a while he swapped his mint mk2 golf for that, how much is the cioi up for? yeh your a painter arnt you ?? do you paint cars by any chance?? would be handy lol. painting you estroils black would look really nice mate always wanted a tornado red c! :( im in dire need of wheels too but need funds for the rebuild!

07595223814 give us a bell when your up and running or need a hand

good luck with the sale

liam

yeh defiantly been wanting to see ashes/ your car for a while he swapped his mint mk2 golf for that, how much is the cioi up for? yeh your a painter arnt you ?? do you paint cars by any chance?? would be handy lol. painting you estroils black would look really nice mate always wanted a tornado red c! :( im in dire need of wheels too but need funds for the rebuild!

07595223814 give us a bell when your up and running or need a hand

good luck with the sale

liam

clio is up 4 £1100 And yeah im a painter.

was thinkin about doin them black just need a set 2 put on while i do them.

I hav saved ya number speak soon!!

Garwood