Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

16v Question!1

ahhh thought it was williams lol oops i need bits on me car someone keyed it a month back and theres a reaction with the paint when it was painted b4 and some twit reversed into me with a towbar !!!! bits and bobs prob would advantage from a full respray but cant afford it (not alot really ) lol

ahhh thought it was williams lol oops i need bits on me car someone keyed it a month back and theres a reaction with the paint when it was painted b4 and some twit reversed into me with a towbar !!!! bits and bobs prob would advantage from a full respray but cant afford it (not alot really ) lol

I do kitchen furniture ya c so a whole car wont fit in me paint shop!!lol I just do bits and bobs!!

easy fix - its not the ISV mate, take the throttle body off and clean it out (brake cleaner) clean the butterfly carefully take your time. clean both inner and outer sides then use WD40 and work the butterfly so it moves freely. also WD40 the cable holder....work this also....then refit.....and it should fly......

i had the same problem with mine, soon as i cleaned it out.......it was like a rocket.....moving freely...you got to realize 17years of dirt, things will jam up.

lets us know how you get on.

bob

Dam you no your stuff thank you very much i will give that a go! Think i can manage that! Not 2 good under the bonnet!lol

any problems let me know,or i can do a write up (step up step)

easy fix - its not the ISV mate, take the throttle body off and clean it out (brake cleaner) clean the butterfly carefully take your time. clean both inner and outer sides then use WD40 and work the butterfly so it moves freely. also WD40 the cable holder....work this also....then refit.....and it should fly......

i had the same problem with mine, soon as i cleaned it out.......it was like a rocket.....moving freely...you got to realize 17years of dirt, things will jam up.

lets us know how you get on.

bob

Dam you no your stuff thank you very much i will give that a go! Think i can manage that! Not 2 good under the bonnet!lol

Your a star! I aint had time to have a look yet! Hope it aiint to hard to do :(

Your a star! I aint had time to have a look yet! Hope it aiint to hard to do :(

i wouldnt go that far......but hey ive been called worsed lol....its easy and straight forward......hardest bit is getting the four hex bolts of the throttle body....take ur time, these round off....then you need a chisel and hammer....bitch of a job!

Dan you another Corrado :clap: :grin: Good stuff, get some pics up, Merry Christmas ......

Merry Christmas m8!!!!! hope you have a good 1!!!

PICT0001.JPG[/attachment:3c8kt65s]

Dan you another Corrado :clap: :grin: Good stuff, get some pics up, Merry Christmas ......

PICT0001.JPG[/attachment:17oyffh9]

WHICH IS YOURS? THE METRO :clap:

PICT0001.JPG[/attachment:gwj3d6d3]

WHICH IS YOURS? THE METRO :clap:

LOL Yeah its a bad boy!! :clap: :clap:

i just took mine of and cleaned it of easy job took me about an hour as i wet flatted it all.

noticed a difference.

Did u put a new gasket on???

Nice one Dan it looks good, nice and standard but a bit lower, looks good. You gonna bring this one over here with you then ?!!

I heard that red ones are a bit faster than other colours, they send the engine off to be specially tuned like a Ford Cosworth and Merc AMG. Is it quicker than your blue one?

Nice Metro too, is that Pauls !!

Nice one Dan it looks good, nice and standard but a bit lower, looks good. You gonna bring this one over here with you then ?!!

I heard that red ones are a bit faster than other colours, they send the engine off to be specially tuned like a Ford Cosworth and Merc AMG. Is it quicker than your blue one?

Nice Metro too, is that Pauls !!

Na its only a 1.8 16v alot slower than the G60! But i love it! Not gonna do much 2 it really bonnet bra and pressed plates! And it needs new exhust. How is yours??

And no it aint pauls metro!!LOL

If i come oz she coomin with me!!!LOL :D :D

I noticed someone on edition 38 was askin someone who was breakin a 1.8 16v corrado if he had the grey deacceleration valve. It sits at the back of the air filter box with two 1.5" holes and a vaccume point? It sounds like thats what i need to be changing but this is the first time i have heard of it??

I noticed someone on edition 38 was askin someone who was breakin a 1.8 16v corrado if he had the grey deacceleration valve. It sits at the back of the air filter box with two 1.5" holes and a vaccume point? It sounds like thats what i need to be changing but this is the first time i have heard of it??

you shouldn't need to change this mate....its only air that goes though it.......its a Grey cylinder shape with exit points....i would be surprised if it goes faulty....sits behind the metering head.

bob

you shouldn't need to change this mate....its only air that goes though it.......its a Grey cylinder shape with exit points....i would be surprised if it goes faulty....sits behind the metering head.

bob

Yeah thats the 1! So it wouldnt b that makin the revs drop really really slow!!! I should hav a ISV to try sunday! Hope that works!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Its fixed! Im not sure what it is actually called but it was the tiny little button on the throttle body had had it! Thank you soooooo much OLDSKOOLKOOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D