Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

FSE's on a VR6, peoples views please

I understand FSE regulators are overrated and useless on forced induction but could I expect good results on my NA cammed VR?

Also will it need to be run with a standard chip as mine has a very mild ebay chip at the moment, which has given good results and I wouldn't want to have to lose it due to overfuelling at top end

I have used the search but most threads seem to be people saying how pants they are on G60's...any feedback on a VR would be very helpful

Cheers

I just had to google FSE regulators. All I found were rising rate fuel pressure regulators, which I thought were actually of use for forced induction. I can't understand why you'd want want on a naturally aspirated car? The ecu and map expect the fuel pressure and hence volume of fuel injected to be set by the fuel pressure regulator(Which actually adjusts the absolute fuel pressure, so that it is always relative to the manifold pressure). So a rising rate unit would bugger this right up.

I just had to google FSE regulators. All I found were rising rate fuel pressure regulators, which I thought were actually of use for forced induction. I can't understand why you'd want want on a naturally aspirated car? The ecu and map expect the fuel pressure and hence volume of fuel injected to be set by the fuel pressure regulator(Which actually adjusts the absolute fuel pressure, so that it is always relative to the manifold pressure). So a rising rate unit would bugger this right up.

Yeah thats the one, I would've called it by it's marketed name but "Power boost valve" sounds pretty :camp:

When I said forced induction I was reffering to Rado's, I know they are useless to G60 owners but want to find out peoples experiences running them on 2.0/2.9's, What you said about the map expecting a certain pressure is exactly what I'm concerned about, I don't know the specifics of how useful a raised fuel pressure under heavy acceleration/high rev's would be but FSE seem to know how to talk the talk.

Not much money if they do what they say on the tin.

I wouldn't imagine it would do any good. You'd just suddenly run rich. I'd look at a proper remap, rather than the ebay chips, I've heard that some of the maps aren't that great...

The 2l cars won't be able to use it, they operate the KE Jet system, which requires the fuel pressure to be set at 3 bar in the metering head.

I know some of the VRT and supercharged VRs use RRFPRs.

Actually, thinking about it, it probably wouldn't make you run too rich, as the manifold pressure won't get above atmospheric, so the fuel pressure wouldn't rise too much. But, that defeats the purpose of these.

Basically. I don't get the impression that this will be any good.

basically it will let the fuel rail pressure run higher so on sudden full throttle instance you rail pressure wont lose as much pressure hence then being able to supply your injector with the correct fuel

I had one on my XR4x4 2.9 its abit of a cheat reallly to get around buying big injectors

VR6s like running rich, so you can give it a go, but don't expect any difference on part throttle because the lambda will just remove any additional fuel the FSE provides. It might help at the top end a smidge if you've got cams.