Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

Europe Road trip

Corrado_Addict and myself are planning to go on a road trip around Europe, Top Gear style, in search of the best driving roads and to experience them, have a little fun and see/try new things.

Our plan is to take the ferry across from Newcastle into Amsterdam, and here is the map that we have so far.

Neither of us are certain if this is the best route but we tried to include the Millau Bridge at the south of France, should be worth seeing, Monaco, Modena and then the Stelvio to Davos road (I have heard this is slightly overrated but we would still like to go). From there on we're not too sure.

Can anyone please guide us as to what is good and what isnt? Or perhaps a better route? Maybe roads that really should not be missed out? We are planning on going for 2 weeks, the last week in June and the first week in July.

And another thing, we would definitely welcome anyone who might want to join us.

Any help appreciated 8)

think youre missing the best road down to monaco - via the routes des alpes - from geneva to menton. very famous route that goes over all the major french alpine passes and mountain villages/resorts. i'd skip out paris/marseille/hours and hours of highway and head for the mountain roads - thats where the fun driving will be...

think youre missing the best road down to monaco - via the routes des alpes - from geneva to menton. very famous route that goes over all the major french alpine passes and mountain villages/resorts. i'd skip out paris/marseille/hours and hours of highway and head for the mountain roads - thats where the fun driving will be...

I suppose we can then do that in reverse? On the way back up, cover those roads?

And I discovered the stelvio pass thread just now, so its good to know people have the same ideas going on, we may aswell go together?

There are a few of us planning a bit of a trip already, see this thread

Yeh noticed that afterwards mate, shall contribute in that thread. I just hope it does take off cos I'm definitely wanting to go! :D

Yeh noticed that afterwards mate, shall contribute in that thread. I just hope it does take off cos I'm definitely wanting to go! :D

I'm definitely going across Europe this summer, if that trip works out or not, I have spoken to a few non corrado drivers who're pretty keen too.

I'm definitely going across Europe this summer, if that trip works out or not, I have spoken to a few non corrado drivers who're pretty keen too.

I like your thinking, defo count me in and I think you could probably count Corrado_Addict in aswell....