Sign in to follow this  
krnau

any valver with this plastic cover?

Does anyone's valver have this:

(this pic is of an mk2 golf)

distrib05.jpg

is this cover available for valver corrados??

EDIT: this part number 191 825 250 A01C MAY BE THIS.....??

p.d. :norty:

I have one of those on my G60, from when I had a toothed belt (in the vain attempt to stop it breaking evey 3 minutes). I believe it came from a VR6 Corrado.

so, does anyone have the part number for the cover of the pic? (the one that says "protector de agua" :D )

Right my 2.0 16v has one of these covers, The numbers on it are as follows;

AKT

535 825 250

pp

Hope this help,

Darren

Right my 2.0 16v has one of these covers, The numbers on it are as follows;

AKT

535 825 250

pp

Hope this help,

Darren

does your car have aircon as well?

No mate it hasn't got air-con.

ok.

anyway, could you have a look at the part number please? thanks ::):):)

This is the part - you'll need the fixtures and fittings that go with it too. Don't know whether it works with air con systems or not though.

oh thank you very much! The problem is I was looking at 1989 Corrados...

I will try to find this cover, and if it fits OK, I will post it so thoso who are interested can get one ;)

191 is a mk2 golf part, and these covers are listed for 1990-1992 G60's, GTI's and 16v's. Anyone know what the 'otto' engine is though???

I've seen similar parts on SEATs with 8v engines (definitely with aircon), which should be very similar.

oh thank you very much! The problem is I was looking at 1989 Corrados...

I will try to find this cover, and if it fits OK, I will post it so thoso who are interested can get one ;)

I went back through ETKA too mate - it's the same for the early ones as fas I can tell. Mines a 92 G60 and thats what I have on there.

You can retrofit this cover to earlier cars but it will not quite fit properly - it does fit and doesn't come off but without the later style inner arch protectors and the later front crossmember its not a great fit. However, I would recommend you do fit it as it stops a lot of the gunk you end up with on the inside of the bonnet from road spray when its wet.

Dave, IIRC the Otto engine is a high efficiency engine fitted to some Mk 2 Golfs - I don't think we got it over here in the UK. Be good to have a full undertray like that though, have been toying the idea of knocking up a custom one from some thin gauge alloy as a one off and maybe even using the later front quarter plastic sections that sit in the bumper. Its either that or trying to see if one from a passat diesel or equivalent will fit.

You can retrofit this cover to earlier cars but it will not quite fit properly - it does fit and doesn't come off but without the later style inner arch protectors and the later front crossmember its not a great fit. However, I would recommend you do fit it as it stops a lot of the gunk you end up with on the inside of the bonnet from road spray when its wet.

Dave, IIRC the Otto engine is a high efficiency engine fitted to some Mk 2 Golfs - I don't think we got it over here in the UK. Be good to have a full undertray like that though, have been toying the idea of knocking up a custom one from some thin gauge alloy as a one off and maybe even using the later front quarter plastic sections that sit in the bumper. Its either that or trying to see if one from a passat diesel or equivalent will fit.

hi mate, so are you sure this part won't fit my early kr? :(

what else would I need? I have to replace all engine mounts, so if you could tell me what I need, I would get it from a scrap yard :) htanks!

what else would I need? I have to replace all engine mounts, so if you could tell me what I need, I would get it from a scrap yard :) htanks!

It will fit and stay fitted, its just not the best fit as IIRC one of the mounting points is not found on the early style crossmember.

It will fit and stay fitted, its just not the best fit as IIRC one of the mounting points is not found on the early style crossmember.

ok, thanks :)