Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

Big Hole In My Supercharger :(

For the headlights you just need to upgrade to a relayed loom off KUR2Y, check the group buys forum. Dont bother changing the lights thats not the problem. Just done this myself this wknd, massive difference.

I personally hate the progressive power delivery its so boring and predictable, harsh and fierce is more my cup of tea.

For the headlights you just need to upgrade to a relayed loom off KUR2Y, check the group buys forum. Dont bother changing the lights thats not the problem. Just done this myself this wknd, massive difference.

I personally hate the progressive power delivery its so boring and predictable, harsh and fierce is more my cup of tea.

Seconded for the headlight loom, along with some Phillips +80% bulbs.

I like the progressive deliver of the supercharger, for the very reason Junkie doesn't - boring and predictable. I always know what i am going to get and when. Suppose it's all down to what you want really....

See thats the thing i always also know what im going to get just not in a boring way, in my view where is the fun in been boring. As you say though each to their own.

For fast road/track driving the supercharger delivery really suits my driving style. And in the right gear at the right time at peak torque it did pull very fierce thorugh the revs so its not what Id consider boring lol.

I made myself sound like a complete noob when I said get rid of the crap headlights, I meant it in the way of getting rid of them not the actual lights themselves, looking to fit an hid kit once I get the work done.

Gave G-werks a little call yesterday and got myself sorted out with a little shopping list and prices :D

Front mount intercooler including the ubend, red injectors, the bbm charger.

I said to myself I wouldn't spend high amounts of money on the car but i'm already looking at a stage 3 clutch, lsd, forged pistons....hmm the list goes on :lol:

But yea big thanks for the advice guys, as always much apprieciated. Shall keep you all updated on the progress :D

hay bro, as far as people working on my car i get Jabba to do everything there bloody brilliant! very helpful and all the work i get its 100% top notch!

Havent had Gworkz do anything but when i told them i have £3500 to spend on mycar and i wanna spend it with them they didnt really seem that intested nor bothered! Darren seemed really helpful to start, but then i called and called wanting them to do my BBM, Cam, Injectors, Intercooler and i just never got a call back and finaly afer like 3 weeks they told me the BBM chargers werent availavle for MONTHS! so i calls the states myself to see if the facts were true and low and behold.....no, they were in stock, so i ordered it my self and G-Workz lost out on my £3500....But i hear the work they do is excellent!

I rum BBM and its the only way to get serius boost figurs! im running 22psi with my50mm pully! BBM its cheaper than a new GLadder! new Gladders are retailing at aroud £2300 but it changes everyday!

If u are worryed about noice there is a silencer kit for the BBM but i love the sound! unique and different!

My BBM was £1500 + £300 import tax! But bear i mind they dont need rebilding and will last 200,000 miles!

Jabba do this awsome turbo kit which produces 280 BHP and the kit costsssss erm i think brian at jabba said around £3500 but that the intercooler fitting and everything.

Give them a call speak to Brian about the tubo kit, but if, like me, u wanna keep that G60 special with the charger go BBM! u will need a 640 belt with there 68mm pully that comes on the BBM charger, so dont forget to order the belt from them aswell!

Hope that helps buddy, chin up! u only got more power to come!

Paul

x

Do not put the silencer kit on the BBM charger, that moves the throttle body and all it does is put the weight of it onto the casing of the charger, the casing obviously gets heat stressed and warps then seizes the charger up.

Yea the silencer kit i'm not bothering with, never have been a subtle chap :tongue:

G-werks said to keep in touch with my idea's for the car and whoever I spoke to was proper helpful, knew exactly what I was asking about and gave me prices right off the bat for the things I was looking to get done so I was really chuffed with just a basic phone call gave me pretty much a full picture for what I was looking to get done.

How safe is the bbm running 22psi? If they last 200k i presume thats with standard boost? so running higher amounts I would think would shorten the life?

Thanks for that post though man, really helped a lot :D

They come with 1 years warranty but thats using the standard sized pulley as soon as you go smaller pulley the warranty is void even if its fitted brand new with a smaller pulley on out the box.

He is seeing 22psi boost due to needing a more efficient, free flowing engine, i had big valve head, FMIC and 1900 convesion running the smallest pulley they do for the BBM @ 50mm and i only saw 1.1 bar of boost, 1 bar = 14.7 psi. 260bhp - 250lb/ft Was veeeeery loud. I loved it haha

yer im running flowed head, 1.9 etc.. got the engine shop to do everything they could with my engine, its goin in for a remap and more on monday so chances are that the BHP will be turned up and the boost reading turned down as all the boost is being used more quickly, but we will see with the readout on monday! i will let u know!

BBM is the way bro, sounds awsome! but yer the warrentee is valid with the smaller pully, but there tuff chargers! i will never go g ladder again, the amount of problems i got!

The BBM charger is a peace of piss to fit (easyer that the gladder) so i wouldnt worry about that, if u have had a lot of work on your car, run a BBM charger for a few months then change the pully if u wish!

:)

Paul

Sounds good mate, keep us posted of how it goes, very interested as i was sure there would be more power out of it, but it just wouldnt happen.

I'm 99% sure you can no-longer buy the BBM kit. Lysolm no longer make the charger used in the kit.

John at bbm now also recommends that the charger is re-built at about 60k....... so not the ever lasting solution originally promised.

The good news is BBM are working on a new kit with a different charger, although they aren't giving away any details at the moment.