Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

slow falling revs

problem is when i change gear whether im hard accelerating or just taking my time the engine revs dont seem to fall fast enough in between gear changes..any ideas??and its a vr6 :D

Ive noticed the revs drop alot quicker on my mates golf vr6 than they do on my c vr6.always thought they drop slow on mine!

Dazzy has yours got worse or always been slow mate?

is the pedal stiff coz mine was and sometimes it stuck (i have to put my foot under the pedal and lift it back to its idle speed * NOT GOOD*) the problem with this was the cable had somehow got rusted so i flouded it with WD40 and now it is springy again........

is the pedal stiff coz mine was and sometimes it stuck (i have to put my foot under the pedal and lift it back to its idle speed * NOT GOOD*) the problem with this was the cable had somehow got rusted so i flouded it with WD40 and now it is springy again........

i would budget for replacing a throttle cable in the near future then.........WD40 is only a short term cure for it......as it dries it out completely so it is then got no lubrication in it :wink:

My revs drop like a brick....so much so the damed ISV can't always catch it. VWs have always been cr@p idlers! I wish my revs were slow to fall like yours mate!

Anyways......VR6s don't have anyform of switchery.....it's all potentiometer or solid-state I'm afraid, so the most likely cause is a sticking throttle cable.

Kev